lady-caroline 18/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Symptom Tracker App?

Hello,
After visiting my MS Nurse today she suggested that I look into keeping a diary or find an app to log my symptom progression as I’ve been having a bit of a rough time lately.

Do you have an recommendations for me?
🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
1 year ago

@lady-caroline , I’ve not used it, but I’ve seen this one mentioned around :-

http://www.symtrac.com/

janshaw
1 year ago

I had a notification about this App it is coming soon.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi @lady-caroline,

I’ve tried the SymTrac app only a couple of weeks ago on my Android and hated it:

It only lets you record one symptom in one body area at the time, which I found very tedious and frustrating as, depending on your symptoms, you can end up making a million entries every day. For example, you can record numbness but if you have numbness in one hand, arm, both legs and feet then that would make something like 10 separate entries. And that’s before you even started on any tingling, heaviness, headaches etc. – you get the picture. So, as soon as you have more than one symptom in more than one area, the app does a ‘fantastic’ job of rubbing in how poorly you feel on that day and is very impractical if you can’t see well or have problems with your hands.

The other consideration that came up in a conversation with a friend is data security. I have no reason to believe that SymTrac is any better or worse than other smartphone apps. But as it always will be possible to have personal data hacked etc., I have come to the conclusion that I won’t record any of my health problems in electronic/digital form anymore. Got myself a little paper and pencil calendar in which I now keep track of all my ailments 🙂

thoughtfultraveller x

tlh22
1 year ago

I think a journal would be better. Im a bit old skool like that. Theyve got some lovely ones out there so if its all smart and fancy your more likely to write in it daily.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.