Last reply 1 year ago
Swollen legs

Hi , I am new to forum, I have had Ms for 20+ years, about 8 month ago I started having problems with swelling on my left leg and foot (this is the side MS effects me) I have been back and forth to my doctors who just tell me to use support socks, but they do not work. The swelling effects my walking as left leg hits right leg and foot gets floppy. The swelling gets worse around the knee and can be very painful. Does anyone else have this Problem?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

Are you taking any medication? My legs and ankles were swollen all summer and I would have some what I call brain blitzes. Several weeks before my neuro appointment I got a bad head cold, I took my Tecfidera in the morning but couldn’t sleep if I took it in the evening. I get dry mouth from the Tec and with a sore throat I wasn’t getting any sleep. After a week of this routine I noticed my legs weren’t swelling anymore and my brain was clearer. I told my neuro about this and asked if I should go on a half dose, he didn’t want me to do that since I am doing so well on the Tec. He told me to use the swelling in my legs as guide when to skip a dose of Tec when the swelling gets bad. Potter

stumbler
1 year ago

lizmullen
1 year ago

Hi Stumbler,
Thank you for your reply, paper was very informative. I will try out the exercises thanks

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.