Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

A supplement of 2500µg is way above the Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamin B12. Although having said that, I’ve just started on a multi-vitamin combination, which includes 5000µg of B12.

I got this from the US Department of Health:- “Vitamin B12 deficiency is characterized by megaloblastic anaemia, fatigue, weakness, constipation, loss of appetite, and weight loss. Neurological changes, such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, can also occur. Additional symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include difficulty maintaining balance, depression, confusion, dementia, poor memory, and soreness of the mouth or tongue. The neurological symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can occur without anaemia, so early diagnosis and intervention is important to avoid irreversible damage.”

So, you can see that B12 deficiency could be at the heart of most of our MS symptoms.

B12 deficiency, along with D3 deficiency are two of the key vitamin deficiencies that MSers should monitor.

djdsouza
4 years ago

http://djdsouza.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/what-i-do-to-fight-the-effects-of-multiple-sclerosis/

Rather than repeat myself my blog tries to explain everything 😉

northernlass
4 years ago

I’ve been taking high dose Vit D3 (5’000ug)for 3 months now and I will go back and ask for a blood test in 3 months time to see if they have worked on my Vit D levels. Both Vit D and B12 were low but not below the guideline mark to say I was deficient in either.. but as Vit D was the lowest I will concentrate on improving that but being a vegie I may at some point need to up my B12 too soon. Good luck with yours

seenjo11
4 years ago

i supplement like crazy. if you are interested i can post the rather extensive list.

shtanto
4 years ago

If your pee goes yellow, that’s B12. Measurements are taken in IUs and ug (micrograms). Convert between the two usings wolframalpha.com. RDA (recommended daily allowance) is a guesstimate concept science seems to enjoy running with. Be mindful of your liver and kidneys. Don’t forget to add Omega 3 as well

kimcarlson
4 years ago

I take a daily vitamin with almost everything in it. Also take a fish oil pill.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.