jay23 14/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Super Newbie

Diagnosed yesterday. 🙁 However, I was told two years ago it looked like MS. After numerous tests and retests, being poked and prodded, I was finally diagnosed. Just thought I would say Hello! Looking into a referral to a dietician as that looks like an easy change. I won’t be starting any drugs quite yet as I just got the go ahead to try to get pregnant. I have a two year old at home and would love for him to have a sibling. I haven’t shed a tear since my diagnosis and if you knew me that would be a shocking. I mean, I cried in the Fresh Prince episode when his father left. Ha! Perhaps its the stubbornness in me. Not letting MS bring me down… well for now.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

Although I wasnt diagnosed yesterday I still feel like its relatively new to me lol! its an ongoing learning curve. what to do what not to do – i guess as long as you embarking on self care and improvement each day you should be fine. everyday is a new day and a new day means renewed optimism. its essentially a life style – and yeah I see it as a positive cause it encourages us to be as healthy as possible holistically – body , mind and spirit. All the ingredients to a fulfilling content life. which every person should be striving for MS or not.

3 years ago

@jay23 , wow only that recently!

A diagnosis of MS is a shock, by virtue of its implications. It makes a life, which has no certainty, become less certain, if that’s possible. 😕

Give yourself time to take it in and use that time to learn about MS, as you seem to be doing already. MS is a manageable condition and as @naim says above, live your life as healthily as you’re able.

And, try not to worry or stress about anything, this seems to activate our MS, whilst achieving nothing positive.

So, look after yourself, learn a bit and enjoy extending your family. 😉

3 years ago

HI! I am not new to MS being diagnosed 16 years ago but it offers all sorts of new adventures so I suppose every day is new! Good luck with your MS. Make it your friend and learn everything about it. What makes it happy and what makes it sad. I hope you have a great Christmas!

3 years ago

Hi again! I have found that exercise and staying fit helps my MS. I am a paralympic swimmer and have written a book about my experiences with MS & life which is called ‘paying the price’. To order a copy just email me on [email protected]. In the book I ask if MS is a price I am paying or was it a present I was given! I hope you have a great day

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.