Last reply 1 year ago
Suddenly unable to move leg

Hi, I have Rapidly evolving RRMS and have been doing well for a while after lemtrada treatment. I was just watching tv and suddenly couldn’t move my leg. Now my foot is swollen and it just won’t move. Tried walking but couldn’t really. Does anyone else have these sudden bouts? I have only had this once before.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@chloeautumnx , this is something to discuss with your MS Nurse. I know, Friday night isn’t a good time to say that.

But, the MS Nurse will probably ask whether you have done anything that preceded this symptom or whether you have any symptoms of an infection, e.g. a UTI or an increased temperature.

Just take it easy this weekend and drink plenty of water…………..

chloeautumnx
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler. I’ve just made it to bed (phew, hard work). Well, I am on antibiotics and I have a viral infection. The doctor put me on antibiotics because I’ve had lemtrada so my immune system is compromised so that’s what he said. Also though I have thrush (sorry if too much info haha) so it could be either or both of these factors? I’m hoping it will be gone by tomorrow, I seemed to be doing so well! My consultant said a lot of my lesions have turned to scar tissue so I was happy about that. But I should know through reading that lesions and symptoms don’t always correlate and of course, the damage has been done in effect.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi Chloe, if you have thrush you have gut issues and it would definately be worth looking at your diet. You need to get some good gut bacteria into your body. Do you take a probiotic? Rest lots, πŸ’—eat plenty of anti inflammatory food
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/anti-inflammatory-diet-road-to-good-health#1
And drink lots of water as stumbler says. Also look at reducing your refined sugar intake. Easy stuff. Stay well πŸ˜‰

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.