larissajathomas 21/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
struggling with short term memory..??

lately ive noticed i am struggling with short term memory problems i seem to misplace or forget my line of thought in a deep conversation and issues remembering what people have told me or i repeat myself alot more? is this something i should discuss with my neurologist at my next follow up appointment, people have to really tell me again and again whats happened like its only seems to be short term issues i am struggling with? i just wish sometimes this things wouldnt happen but they are need help ?? thanks larissa x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

niccis
1 year ago

I keep getting this- I start a sentence and can’t remember what the end of it was going to be. I’m a teacher and more frequently seem to be struggling to find the right words at the right time when I’m trying to explain things to students. It only happens verbally though which is strange- if I’m writing I don’t have a problem. I’d be interested to hear what the neuro says!

cameron
1 year ago

To @larissajathomas and @niccis I had exactly this when I was changing meds and know how miserable and confidence-sapping it can be. You end up avoiding social situations because you don’t want to expose the weakness. In my case, it stopped completely when my body became accustomed to the new drug, so I’m guessing that for you too it’s an issue that may respond to treatment – so yes, it should be reported.xx

koffeelover
1 year ago

@larissajathomas I have a lot of this too!!

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

*gets on white coat and in a Rubbish German accent type thing*…… says:-

Zisss! My dear iz zee very common symptom scientifically known az zee “brain fart” I suffer from this too quite often *yorkshire accent back and throws off white coat* tha mostly has it with misplacing things I now have set pockets and places round t’gaff (house) to put all me bits n bobs works a treat. Also when tired I seem to forget what I was saying mid sentence, just laugh it off and mention it to neuro There are things you can do to help with this “cognitive therapy”???? Read about it somewhere but can’t remember where 😂

Hope me random waffles help and let me know how you get on please as I’m still in 99% diagnosed land for now. Tar chuck

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Doubleo7hud you always make me laugh! Xx

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Tee hee @doubleo7hud 🙂 ………ditto, here too, @larissajathomas, @niccis, @cameron & all, have noticed same problems over last year, now avoid social situation as much as i can, along with the ‘grasping for words, tip of the tongue thing and finishing sentences’, i have the speech issues….joy……..for instance, for years have learnt names of plants, had to resort to writing them down as so often name would pop up 1-2-3 hours later, so I commit names to paper now…..drives you mad….ho hum…..take good care & be ok @larissajathomas, there seems to be no rhyme or reason, but maybe keep a diary…sort of ‘journaling type thing’. @Red Suzuki

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@red-suzuki I get that too but instead of hours it’s two maybe three days later 😂 something always jogs my memory that’s completely unrelated

red-suzuki
1 year ago

@double07hud :_) …. well I can relate to that as well…sort of memory jog days later…then a scrabble quickly in my case to find a working pen or pencil (have given up with the blood thing, made me feel feint), so I can write it down….have even been known to rush (ha), into kitchen to use nephew & nieces fridge message boards & quickly write with one of their marker pens, to transfer later to paper…..oh my…. what fun

potter
1 year ago

I have lists in my office and kitchen, and then I have days where I can’t remember something a minute later, I find that very scary. I can’t seem to join group conversations anymore and my husband has started ordering for me at a restaurant. For some reason I know what I want but when the waitress comes up to take the order I freeze. Potter

larissajathomas
1 year ago

thanks for the advice its really, nice to hear that i am not the only one who suffers with short term memory, and how you all deal with it i will discuss with my neurologist as it seems to be a a problem for me ive started to write things down and set reminders 🙂 x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.