Last reply 5 years ago
Stress

Hi, just wondering if stress might affect my eyesight.? I know it makes symptoms feel worse, and that’s for sure, but no knowledge of stress affecting eyesight…my focus is not sharp, bit fuzzy. Thanks for reading this.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
5 years ago

I don’t know, but logically (given that we know MS can affect each and every part of the body and that stress is a trigger)… why wouldn’t it?

Irene
5 years ago

My thoughts Cameron, lots if stress at moment and I really am having difficulty focussing

cameron
5 years ago

Well, I’ve posted this before but in case you haven’t seen it, here is my physio’s ‘recipe’ for countering/eliminating symptoms. It works on the basis that the stress hormone – cortisol – needs dampening down and replacing with endorphins, the ‘feelgood’ hormones.
1 Do gentle exercise as often as possible, stopping immediately you feel fatigue.
2 Indulge your sense of taste – red wine, chocolate. Whatever and in whatever quantity, just as you feel.
3 Find stimulating company – i.e. arrange something social with people who make you laugh, get you talking, have interesting things to say.
4 Do something thought-stimulating and which is a tiny bit difficult e.g. a new book, a hard sudoku – whatever.

It can’t hurt to give it a go! I generally feel improvement after about 3 days of this regime.

xx

Irene
5 years ago

Thank you will try and give it a go

Lillylilly
5 years ago

Irene, I get terrible issues with my eyes when I’m stressed. The effects are almost immediate, it’s mad. I try my best not to stress out and when I’m getting wound up I use little techniques to reduce it. I’m mad for meditation, but even a few deep breaths and a sniff of lavender helps me!

Irene
5 years ago

Thanks Lilylily, glad to know I’m not going mad. X

kerrylousie
5 years ago

stress causes all sorts of problems and i know too well as it is the main cause that brings on my symptons. A friend of mine was paralysed for short periods due to stress. I am now learning to work with it, not easy.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.