Last reply 3 years ago
Still waiting for a PIP assesment…

I have been waiting for a PIP assessment since 16th May when they received my paperwork.. just spoke to a lady at ATOS healthcare who said the backlog has been terrible.. claimants from last year are still waiting to be seen by an assessor.!! 🙁 The reason why I phoned was that I wanted to verify that I was down for a Home visit by an assessor as the nearest centre to me is a 45 minute car journey away and I can’t guarantee I can drive on that day). Despite talking to two different people about this matter I was only informed today that I will not get a home visit unless I have to have home visits from my GP .. Do GP’s actually do that..?? :-/ anyway if I can’t drive on the day I can get a taxi.. I pay for it and then claim it back…. How much do we think a there and back 45min each way journey might set me back…I think maybe about £60… are these people who dreamed up these rules from this planet..?? The end result is the nice lady has put me down for a home visit because my “SS” (she kept getting it mixed up… at one point she said M.E…!! :-/ ) is so unpredictable on a day to day basis. I can only hope the information I have given has been “recorded for training purposes..” and logged down on a computer somewhere because I can’t be doing with another “Ground-hog day “conversation to get this sorted. I may get a call next week to arrange an appointment soon… fingers crossed 😀 Merry Christmas Y’all

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@northernlass , let your local MP know what’s going on and ask if they can help expedite the matter. 😉

xander
3 years ago

i have a lower rate of mobility from pip but have asked to have a re assessment as i 1 have gotten worse and 2 i broke my back in april i asked for a assessment in july and last week i was told it was going to be at least another 26 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🙁

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.