Last reply 3 years ago
Starting my new meds tonight

Going to start taking Topirament tonight for the first time (got to start sometime) and reducing Gabapentin to see how I go and if I have side effects as I’m keen to get back to work at reduced hours so it gives me a week to get used to new meds for neuro pain just hoping I don’t get the drowsiness from them as I want to be able to function rather than do nothing all day. Had MRI brain scan with contrast the nurse that was attending to me said I’m having another scan to help the neurologist to decide when I’m going to start treatment I said to her that’s new to me as all I new I was having to see if their were any changes from my first scan well I’m going to get my MS nurse to see if she can chase the results so I know where I will be with giving work a go also looking forward to a first session with physio even though I’m paying for it myself need to get the ball rolling. Hope everyone is well.

Lina x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@lina , good luck with the new medication.

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler thank you

Lina

lina
3 years ago

MS nurse has told me to stop the Topiramate snd to carry on with Gabapentin as Topiramate is only 25mg too small a dosage and Gabapentin to big to reduce by 300mg

Lina

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.