Anonymous 06/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Starting a family

Hi all (particularly the ladies), me and my husband would love to start a family together, but I have big reservations about how a) my body would handle pregnancy and b) how I would handle looking after a baby / small child (when it’s hard enough looking after myself sometimes). I would love to hear any thoughts, advice, or experiences about how you have managed to do this, and the impact on your health. We have a lot of family support, and my husband is amazing, but I’m still worried. Xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

Hi @ Rachie

Oh I feel the exactly the same, I wish I new the awnser but I guess we would handle a baby Absolutely fine as it’s our natural instinct for us too no matter how difficult.

We shouldn’t let Ms stop us doing what we want but also I completely understand what you mean, I’m stuck!

3 years ago

Talk to your MS Nurse about your plans.

Being pregnant seems to put MS on hold for the duration of the pregnancy and whilst breast-feeding.

Worrying about how you’re going to cope is a natural instinct whether you have MS or not.

Don’t let MS make your life decisions for you. You have MS- MS doesn’t have you! 😉

3 years ago

I was told that I wss up shit creak his words and it was going to be hard falling pregnant but I proved him wrong I have 2 healthy boys. Now remember ladies your ms goes away you will like a new woman it’s so freaky. I loved being pregnant, but there’s always a but expect a relapse after giving birth.

3 years ago

I have a two year old and am pregnant right now. I am not letting MS change my plans for my family. Is it harder? YES! Do I have different concerns than someone who doesn’t have MS, for sure! Usually during pregnancy your symptoms are supposed to decrease, that has not happened in either pregnancies, which was a bummer. I have also been told to be cautious for a relapse after giving birth. I don’t remember this specifically happening after my first, but I was having frequent relapses so it could have happened. Raising children is tricky as well. I do get upset when I think about all the things I won’t be able to do with them, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make that up in other ways. Feel free to send me a message or friend me if you want to chat!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.