jamie1989 15/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Started campath 13/04/15

Good Morning All,

My name is Jamie, 25 and I am currently about to undergo my 3rd day of treatment at Addenbrooke’s hospital in Cambridge. I just wanted to share my experiance and answer any questions people might have relating my experiance so feel free to ask away 🙂 x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

Good for you Jamie! I am planning to start in a couple of weeks. How has it been so far? Any others getting infusions with you?

2 years ago

Just checking, they are keeping your infusion completely covered aren’t they? It is affected by light, both natural and electric and I’ve heard a lot of places are not doing this

Good luck let us know everything I star mine at southampton on May 18th

2 years ago

Good Morning,

I feel absolutely great with the treatment, steroids leave an unpleasant taste but take sherbert sweets as they seem to resolve that! I’m going home in the evenings with tubes in my arm which are then reconnected the following day. I start the first hour with steroids, move on to the campath for 4 hours and then wait around for 2 hours to make sure all is ok! They give you lots of tablets to take and blood pressures are taken every 25 minutes! It can be a boring day so bring any entertainment you might have to keep you sain. it’s a long old day so I will try responding as soon as I can x

2 years ago

I’d love to know about the entire process. What did you do pre starting it? How is it going through the various infusions? How are you feeling? (Likely the most important question). Were you on any other DMDs prior to starting and how long was your wash out period?

2 years ago

I’m only recently diagnosed following 2 notso pleasant MRI scans so this is my first lot of treatment. Personally I feel really good as does the lady I’m being treatment with. You literally do not feel a thing when connected, slight tiredness but that’s it! I tried drinking lots of water and eating healthy before I started due to my amunsystem taking a hammering whilst on the drugs 🙂

2 years ago

I’m due to start Lemtrada in June and have just finished the pre screening tests today. My neuro is keeping me in hospital for the 5 days, I think it’s because they’ve only just started treatments at the hospital.

Have you been told how long it will take before you can get ‘out and about’ after treatment. I know you need to stay in virtual isolation for the first two weeks whilst the immune system recovers.

I was also diagnosed recently (Nov 2014) after having a major isolated relapse last summer. Any info would be much appreciated.

Good luck with the treatment.

2 years ago

Hi Mark,

I come home in the evenings which is really good but a lady I am with is from out of area so stays in the hospital hostels.

I am having a week off work and then just being very cautious of my surroundings and who I mix with. When you are in they will give you a dietary sheet which is effectively a pregnancy diet as you have to be careful or your intake due to poisonings.

My advice would be to take some sherberts as the first 3 days consist of steroids leaving a horrid taste in your mouth, plus you will be wanting to eat for 5 as the appetite becomes huge.

Let me know if you ever want a chat as I know I was very skeptical of what to expect before I went it but it’s honestly not bad at all so please don’t worry!!

Any other questions, please just ask away 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.