Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

MikeMcClellan
6 years ago

nope

behnaz
5 years ago

I need some information about MS supports in UK. can U help me?
I want to know how much my medicine costs there, and doctors, and u know.
I am going to live in London in a month and I want help.
I really afraid of having MS attacks again and don’t know anything and anybody there

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Every time I hear the word SpeakEasy, am reminded of Bugsy Malone and ‘Fat Sam’s Grand Slam, SpeakEasy’….maybe it’s just me then! πŸ˜‰

k*s
5 years ago

ahahaa no ur not alone, i hear that and u know, ‘anybody who is anybody will soon walk through that door’!! damn i wanna watch that now!! x

reddivine
5 years ago

A behnaz………it depends whether you are just visiting or coming as a student.
If as a student, you need to register with the GP to be able to access the NHS, whether thats your local dr in UK or a hospital.
If you can bring medical records from your home country, probly even better.
Online, well you have found shift! also check out the MS Society site……….v. useful for info, research events and all kind of stuff.
Depends WHERE in UK you will be, but there seems to be someone from most places on shift!

aardvark
5 years ago

Hi @behnaz

Good to see you on here!

If you are coming for just one month, are you able to bring a supply of your Meds with you? I see you take Extavia (isn’t that a drug you have to mix up yourself?). While it is available in the UK, it is generally supplied and organised by the National Health Service so I don’t know how you would go about paying for it. @reddivine is likely to know much more about this than me (she is a fount of knowledge).

I also see that you are an English teacher! Having good English will help you an enormous amount in dealing with your MS in the UK.

Good luck with your travels – hopefully August will be sunny in the UK for your visit (that is a traditional UK saying – once you’ve been here and seen our weather you will understand why πŸ™‚ )

Mark

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.