mmhhpp 19/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Spasticity strech

Hi does anybody has good strech exercises for the legs to avoid them closing together?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Morning @mmhhpp….all I have is when the physio wanted to stop knees closing up. I used to place the soles of feet flat on bed with the knees bent, & then they used to put a ball between the knees to stop them coming together & I used to role my legs & hips clutching the ball between knees to the left for 10 or 20 times then repeat to the right….BTW what does you MS Nurse or if you With a physio recommend?…..Hope you get some relief soon….

Anonymous
1 year ago

tricky to describe on here, but basiclly my hamstrings & calfs are the tightest bit,

see here for the some of the stretches I do

Plantar Fasciitis and Hamstring Tightness

red-suzuki
1 year ago

One of them toggy…I think its the wall calf stretching one is like the lunges I was taught by my physio!…

Anonymous
1 year ago

yep just with a wall to help with balance, when in doubt – hang on to summit

stumbler
1 year ago

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Thank you so much for your answers! Yes i did have pysio a while ago, the situation now is much worse…..i decided to start again which is always a good thing.
I stopped because everyday i would go worse and worse and exercising will be a way of showing me things a could no longer do and i would become so upset…..
Good news is that i am up for it now!

Anonymous
1 year ago

Good you’re up for it again, we either rot or crack on – so yep crack on.

the other execise I like – is lots of reps with light weights – nothing heavier than a pint 🙂

paris620115
1 year ago

I use a foam roller to help with tightness in the calves. I sit upright on the floor, balancing with my arms, then one leg at a time on the roller l roll it up and down 30 times. Effectively it is massaging my calves. Think it helps – feels quite good anyway.

I also do the wall lunge as some have already mentioned, then a version where l lie on my back and put a stretch band around my raised leg and try and bring my leg as far back (towards top of head) as possible but critically keeping leg straight. I can just get it vertical (nowhere near my head).

Do these kinds of exercises 20-30 minutes pretty much every day.

potter
1 year ago

I have been doing about a hours worth of stretches since I was diagnosed. Once I started them I no longer had leg cramps at night and I still have good balance. I use to do push ups off the wall but it made my tennis elbow worse. I use a vibrator with a attachment that looks like three fingers and move it from my ankles to my knees, the therapist told me to always go up never down. She put lotion on my legs and pushed this rubber rib up my legs. I hurt like hell but it was worth it in the end. The treatment I use is just to keep it from getting tight again. Potter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.