moorcroft44 13/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
solitude

You ever that feeling of loneliness in a crowded room? I have been feeling homesick old blighty, which in turn has to feelings of solitude.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Quintessential experience of being human my friend! But seriously, what are you most missing?

judy-gy
3 years ago

It has rained all day……….. just think, you could be with us, talking about the weather! Jx

moorcroft44
3 years ago

Everything lol.

moorcroft44
3 years ago

Rained here as well lol….reminds me of home.

stumbler
3 years ago

We are only as lonely as we allow ourselves to be.

OK, it isn’t as easy for us to do everything that normal can do, but we must not stop making the effort to get out “there” and announce our presence. 😉

cameron
3 years ago

Is it the fact that you’re also remembering life before MS?

reddivine
3 years ago

Hmmm lets see, moorcroft44, what are you missing? Cold, wet weather, season of colds and flu, NHS threaten to strike, Nigel Farrage…
USA is looking better already

jdd0310
3 years ago

One area of solitude that I’ve found is that when I am in my wheelchair, people tend not to see you because their attention is naturally at their eye level, and it is difficult to join in with a group of people without barging into them an shoving them out of the way, very tempting with some people though.

tabbycat
3 years ago

I live out of the UK and I miss lots of things . Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone. I miss just talking to people I don’t know in a shop or in the street and not worrying that they think I am weird and can’t speak the language. There are lots of things I don’t miss and I think 20 years of traveling has only taught me that most people are decent and friendly and you just have to open up a little and smile, where ever you are and good things happen!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.