Last reply 3 weeks ago
So much pain

Does anyone else have constant all over pain. Is it related to MS. It feels like it’s tendons being irritated as opposed to arthritis type pain. I have been told that if you have one autoimmune disease you are likely to get or have others ( sorry to be the bearer of bad news).

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

Hi @julie_cervi_schnedl and welcome.

There’s an article about pain here, which may provide some answers for you :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/pain

@stumbler, thank you that was very helpful. I sometimes feel like a big baby. Sometimes I just wanna lay in my bed all day but it really only makes it worse because I get weaker. Tomorrow is thanksgiving and I’m supposed to cook up a big turkey meal make everything beautiful and not give anyone salmonella lol. That’s a tall order so I better get out of bed.
Thanks again. Julie

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@julie_cervi_schnedl , make sure you take advantage of any idle hands tomorrow. Delegate, delegate, delegate………..

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@julie_cervi_schnedl

I have been a T1 Diabetic since the age of 11 and was diagnosed with SPMS last year.

I’d not given any thought to the possibilities of if you have one then there is more chance of having another.

I just thought… Lucky me, sarcastically.

@peterfrancis

Hi yes we are the lucky ones! When I first got diagnosed four years ago I thought phew! at least I know what I’m dealing with. But 4 years later, I still don’t know what I’m dealing with. I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS. Although I can’t really say if I actually can say I’ve had “a relapse “ I get very forgetful at times and have days of severe pain nothing I would call a relapse. Now my new neurologist after seeing me for about 20 minutes tells me I have primary progressive MS. So now I have to rethink my life and figure out what that means exactly. I think he’s wrong

potter
3 weeks ago

I have two autoimmune skin diseases besides my MS and now I am have problems with arthritis. Having a lot of fun wondering what is going to happen next. Potter

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

@jules_cervi_schnedl

For all of their training, education and expertise, you’d think they would never be mistaken about anything. But, they are not us, we are the ones with the disease, not them… Now I’m not saying they are wrong all of the time, of course not but, they are human at the end of the day.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.