5 years ago
so lonely n sick of it

im alone 75% of the day..daily.i cant walk far and i cant drive no more so i lost most of my friends.. i dont talk to anyone except my bf who lives wit me n some friends who live out of state.. not enough.. i need a life..i need to see sunlight..i need to stop feeling so sorry 4 myself..

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Hi. Sorry to hear you’re feeling so low. *hugs* I understand how you feel. I’m off work with a relapse at the mo and am basically housebound and alone from 8:15 when my bf leaves for work in the morning until he gets home about 5:45. My only advice is to try to find something to keep you busy (my current thing is cooking haha, gave up with daytime TV!) to make the day go quicker and try to make the most of what you can do rather than what you can’t. Like you I can’t walk far, don’t drive (and without being able to walk far, taxis are SOOO expensive lol) and having moved away from family and friends for work, don’t have anyone hear to call round and keep me company so I understand how lonely it can feel being stuck in. Everyone has bad patches though so don’t beat yourself up over feeling a bit sorry for yourself. I’d be a hypocrite if I suggested joining a club or something as I haven’t…my body hasn’t decided to be stable enough to commit to or even manage to do anything really. Having said that though…if you fancied it and your body is up for getting out and about, it’d be a good way of making new friends. Have you got an MS society/ centre near you? I have and although I’ve never been, I am actually considering popping in next week and seeing what they do. Don’t feel alone though, there’s lots of people here who will understand and be there for you. Where do you live?x

Hey..I live in new jersey..I’ve been out of work a year now n I’ve done all the housewife crap cook clean laundry but that has become my life just to pass by the time lol I mean I can walk but not for like a half hr so I’m limited by a few block radius..it sux! I’m 27 n I feel like I’m 12 wit baby proofin my house tonot walkin far..wat kinda crap! I miss driving my damn car! At least I can keep myself entertained ya know?! I live in an urban city so luckily everything is close enough to walk/train/bus..there’s no close societies that I can take a bus or train to so its just me n my dog most of the time…I try to pass the time by watchin a lot of documentaries while I clean etc n lots of foodie shows..my hobby is baking among whatever else keeps my boredom at bay..I’m sure my dog is bored too!

Hi, hope you start to feela bit a better soon. Know exactly how you feel and it is a huge pain. My partner, who I live with, is in the forces so be myself most of the time. Work as a subcontractor from home onw, miss going out to work but so much healthier. Can still drive, but in a wheelchair and find it hard to get it out of the car by myself. Sorry didn’t mean to whinge! Am lucky as friends and family fab and a couple of very close friends live close by and on maternity leave so see them loads. Baking great idea, but am really not a good cook! 🙂 x

Feeling lonely & isolated is horrible – I felt exactly the same before I found the job I have now. You could try an online social group like http://www.alljoinon.com/ (it’s run by my lovely friend Carolyn and definitely NOT a seedy sex chat room or dating site!) Or if you’re bored maybe try a free course from the OU http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/ but I’m warning you, it’s addictive and you could end up doing a full degree with them like I did 😀 Hope this helps X

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.