Last reply 1 year ago
Skin Cancer

Why is it that in America you are screened for any possible skin conditions which may turn cancerous before starting Lemtrada but not in the UK? Any ideas? I have had all my screening but not been asked or offered skin testing?

Andy

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tracyd
1 year ago

@andy365
The skin checks happen in Australia too, both these countries have considerably higher instances of skin cancer in relation to the population.
In the UK it’s not so much of a day to day problem mostly because our weather is so crap. If you’re a it of a sun lizard / sunbed user etc then I would push for it.
Personally I’m gingerish blonde with freckles and green eyes …. the sun and I try to avoid each other 🙂 xxx

naomih
1 year ago

Hi. @andy365. I read in the small print of the techfidera packaging that as a user i must not use sunbeds. I assumed this was due to flushing and passing out due to heat!! I asked my neurologist, who told me that it was actually due to a higher risk of skin cancer because of the techfidera!! So, living life under a parasol being pasty white is where I will be!

tracyd
1 year ago

Using a sunbed increases the risk of skin cancer full stop for everyone not just Tecfidera users.
Pale and interesting (or pale and spiteful) is my natural state as a result of latenet ginger genes

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.