Last reply 2 months ago
similar concern

I have similar questions in my mind. I switched from Avonex to Gilenya and I have been on Gilenya for around 4 months now. Here are some of my questions:
Is it really doing any favor for me? Or is it damaging my other organs like the liver…? Having these in mind and being worried about the side effects, I decided not to take it regularly,, so I have not been taking them as I was supposed to be. For example, on the weekend l try not to take any unless l have symptoms.
My Dr. does not know this, nobody knows, but this time l am wondering whether taking them irregularly does any damage to the hearth. Or what would be the other possible negative effect.

Thanks everyone

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@zulfihan , I don’t think you are doing yourself any favours by varying the dosage like that.

Yes, these Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs) can put pressure on our organs, but we are monitored to ensure that this doesn’t cause a problem.

erusha
2 months ago

@zulfihan I also changed from avonex to gilenya and I’ve been on it for 4 months
I do take it every day at the same time I haven’t noticed any improvement in my symptoms though so just hoping it will get better in time

stumbler
2 months ago

@erusha , all Disease Modifying Therapies (DMTs) work by reducing the frequency and severity of future relapses. They do not try and repair existing damage.

However, if we have sufficient neuronal reserve (brain capacity), there is a possibility of some improvement.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.