Last reply 3 years ago
shoulder blade / heart pain

Hey guys I’ve not posted anything for a while as everything has been going reasonably well.. but I’m back with a query..

I randomly woke out my sleep about 4 am this morning thought I was having a heart attack but I wasn’t.. so the whole of today I have had a horrible shoulder blade pain that feels like it is a heart pain, it’s slowly getting worse and I’m getting agitated with it which I think is why the pain feels worse. Has anyone had this and is it even ms related? Anyone know how to get rid of it, it feels like a hard thud every couple seconds if that helps

Thank you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@katfight , it sounds like you’ve slept badly to cause the shoulder ache. And then you seem to have been gripped by the “MS Hug”, or Banding.

There’s a wealth of information here, http://www.healthline.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/ms-hug#WhatIsMS1 , about out friend the Hug.

A warm bath may help ease the shoulder. Not too hot as we know what heat can do to some of us.

katfight
3 years ago

@stumbler I bet that’s what it is then thank you… I thought the hug was med related but I have not taken mine today, I thought it wud also go after a few mins but obviously not, and I thought it wuda been over both sides. So thats another thing I have learnt today lol 🙂

Anonymous
3 years ago

I have had MS Hug everyday for years. It can be horrible. I have researched it quite a bit looking for help. The tiny muscles that separate the ribs get jumbled nerve signals which can cause extreme pain like a python gripping my rib cage and abdomen. It is a constant tightening sort of pain. I have never read about nor had a pain that comes in periodic thuds in my shoulder blade. I believe I would get that checked out if it persists. That’s too close to cardiac symptoms for me to ignore. That’s just me. I know nothing about you, for example your age or health history. Good luck!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.