Last reply 1 year ago
shoulder and neck pain

i have ppms and my main symptoms have always been my mobility and balance. but this week out of nowhere my shoulders have been really painful to the point where just lifting the kettel is really painfull i am also getting a pain that runs up my neck to just behind my right ear, its driving me crazy just wondered if anybody else as had this only dont want to put everything down to ms

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

skippysprite
1 year ago

Hi Linda

Like you I also have ppms and it affected my mobility and balance. Not sure if this is the same but I get a lot of pain in my neck radiating to shoulders and tops of arms, sometimes feeling as though my head is too heavy to hold up.

Not sure if it is related to ms, as two months ago I was also diagnosed with RA. May be worth having a word with your ms nurse or GP.

Take care

Pam X

linda45
1 year ago

thank you for your comments. i have got an appointment in few weeks with my ms nurse so will mention it to her thanks

tracyd
1 year ago

I take 3 Tumeric tablets each day which help hugely with joint and muscular pain, I have what the doctors kindly call ‘a degenerative bone disease – arthritis) which causes the pains but Tumeric really brings down the inflammation and leaves me mostly pain free within 3-4 days.
I get mine from COSTCO as they’re cheaper there than anywhere else but they are a brand called Youtheory which you can also get from Amazon if you’re not costco minded xxx

PS – my 11 year old arthritic beagle has 1 a day as well and within 3-4 days of starting her on them she went from being unable to climb the stairs or stand up unaided to bouncing around like a puppy again

xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.