marjolie 02/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Seconds out…round 2- any takers?

Dear fellow and fellowette (it is so a word) MS’ers,

I’ve been offered a 2nd chance to undergo a medical trial for SPMS’ers; slightly different trial than the last one I jumped on board for, well it was sort of unsucsessfulesque (again, is a word) I wonder, has anyone tried a MS-SMART trial? Or again, have any SPMSers thought about it?

Your thoughts on this would be super contra indicitave of everything bustin’ my melon man

Marj-ole! (Spanish stylee)

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

Olé, @marjolie. Yes, the MS-SMART Trial has been reincarnated, more details here,

It’s all about re=purposing existing drugs to see if they can have a beneficial effect on Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS). It’s a bit worrying that one of the three drugs to be included in this trial is now Prozac, but I’m sure it’ll be OK! 😕

I’m on their list and have been patiently waiting……

3 years ago

Ole! monssiguer @stumbler
This is a predicament; I’m on the old SSRI so may have to give it up beforehand (and well we all know how dangerous it is for ones mental health to give those up so suddenly) Are you waiting patiently Stumbler? Are you also waiting whilst dreaming of “what might be?”
Ah,What might be! Oh what it might be to be MS free as we soldier onwards towards redemption! Prozac notwithstanding, I hope it’s the answer for us both, what d’ya reckon our chances are?

3 years ago

I don’t so much dream of what might be, it’s more a case of been there, done that! 😯

Well, there’s a couple of chances involved in this trial. Primarily, it’s the chance of whether we get selected, then the chance that we may not be on the placebo and the chance it might do us some good.

But, someone needs to get involved, for the sake of everyone else. 😉

3 years ago

If you taper of you SSRI you should be ok. It is the abrupt d/c of the class that has scary repercussions.

I’m glad they are studying this. On the MSRBlog today they cite a Mayo Clinic study showing benefit to treating progressive MSers with DMD up to age 55 or 5 years after diagnosis as progressive.

I hope that also gets replicated so that meds are not halted too early, when they could still be doing some good!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.