Last reply 5 days ago
Seasonal fatigue: how are you right now?

Dear All,
Fatigue – again. My ongoing nemesis and key topic.

I was wondering if I could ask you how you are feeling right now, and how you were the last 14 days?

I am having the worst spell of fatigue with strong MS symptoms (shaky legs and hands, legs giving in, headache, feeling cold and hot, ear ache, vibrating or hot body parts, insomnia and, of course, a killer fatigue) since the beginning of March. I seem to have the vague memory that it was the same last year around this time, and end of October.

So. Spring and autumn? Is the rumor of seasonal impact true?

If so, how long does it normally take for you, and is there anything you can do to make it better?
And about myself: Diagnosed 1.5 years ago, RRMS, on Tecfidera.

Thanks all!
Karin

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
6 days ago

Hi @ aromastoff nice to speak to you again! I don’t know whether seasonal really affects us as such. There are so many of us, some really can’t deal with the heat, some are freezing all the time, some who live in very hot countries and need their A/C all the time, it’s difficult to say, all you can do is what’s right for you. Fatigue is a major thing for all of us. I can’t ‘do’ things for more than 20 mins/1/2 an hour before I have to go and sit down, so my life tends to be divided into 1/2 hr slots, cleaning something, popping to the shops, dealing with paperwork, collecting washing of the radiators etc., You have to find what works for you and go with it.😜🥊

vixen
5 days ago

Hello @aromastoff. I don’t know if it’s psychological or not, but I am so miserable going into and coming out of winter! Just seeing sunlight coming through the blinds in the morning raises my spirits incredibly. When it’s cold outside, it’s very easy to become inactive and stock up on chocolate. Well, that’s in my case. And by the way, a decade ago I had sarcoidosis, another auto immune condition. My consultant told me that flare ups or diagnosis was almost always in Spring or Autumn!

mamawals
5 days ago

Four of five relapses have happens in the spring for me. Now that I realize that, I have to admit I’m nervous! I’m trying to be really good about taking my vitamin D. So far so good but I’ll find out next week as I have an MRI scheduled. Good luck to you!

aromastoff
5 days ago

@grandma, thanks for your advice again! I am really lucky, as normally, I am doing alright and can do 40 hours work a week, as long as I manage to stay cool. So these last 2 weeks put work and everything at risk, and as it occurs every so often, does so every time.
But interesting to see that you don’t see any seasonal impact. Thanks!

aromastoff
5 days ago

@vixen Ah, I see! Do you recall how long the relapses were that you experienced with sarcoidosis? I’m trying to figure out how much longer this may be going on.
Spirit-wise, I’ve tried SAD lamps and the like, and to be honest, I do like winter as much as any other season. So at least for me the psychological side of things shouldn’t be a cause for me.
Thanks!

aromastoff
5 days ago

@mamawals
Oh, I didn’t want to make you nervous! 🙂 And you seem alright so far, so what I’ve got may not be seasonal (am I a bit too early?).
Just to see if I understood, did you mean that you had a relapse during spring time for 4 or 5 years already? Or 5 relapses during one spring?
I take Vitamin D all year round, so that should be alright. As well as biotin, hemp seed oil, probiotics, and a devilishly healthy vegan diet with small amounts of oily fish. I don’t think I’ve got much more room to improve the diet…
Just a naive question, if I am like this (strong MS symptoms and 10 out of 10 fatigued for 2 weeks and counting) would you assume this is a relapse? And would it be worth to do a MRI scan, or change the DMT? I do have these 2-3 times a year.

Good luck with your scan!! 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.