Last reply 2 months ago
Scooter

I get around slower and less steady than before and decided to use an available scooter at Edinburgh’s Botanic gardens on Boxing Night. Wow, my wife and daughter could walk and do their thing without waiting on me.
I have been looking this morning at hiring one in Japan (Rugby World Cup sorry 25th Wedding Anniversary Holiday) and Orlando (Disney et al) cause once over the mental obstacle they are very useful.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

stumbler
2 months ago

@watsoncraig , sometimes we just need to get over ourselves!

Thanks for sharing this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

grandma
2 months ago

I have had my mobility scooter for 18mths now, wouldnt be without it, best thing since sliced bread and as you’ve found out you can hire them all over the word. Mine takes me on trains and coaches, but if ever I get to go abroad (jealous about the Japan trip cos I’m a big rugby person) I’ll hire one myself.๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

barnwell
2 months ago

They are the best thing in the world for those of us that struggle with walking. Got mine 8 months ago and it has been a door opener and taken my life back 12 years. Would not be with out it now, once I got over the arrogance of thinking people would take notice ( which nobody does). The penny finally dropped with me and donโ€™t waste my time anymore worrying about what I canโ€™t do as well anymore, think of what you can do still with a bit of help with things that are designed to help ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

watsoncraig
2 months ago

You are so right guys, once you are over the stigma, they are great.
It can be a big thing but once the mental blocker is gone it is well worth it and who cares, if it helps it helps you, time to be that selfish and think of yourself not others opinion.

denise_lloyd
2 months ago

I couldnโ€™t be without mine. I have a hoist in the back of my car which lifts it in and out for me so I can drive to my destination then get my scooter out so easily ( I do not have the strength to lift it out myself). I have also hired them in Orlando and Cyprus when I have been on holiday. I too used to worry about what people thought but not now. It gives me so much freedom.

hank
2 months ago

hi , you are right, i use a mobility scooter for longer distance , but now i have switched to a folding electric wheelchair for travelling, i have hired a mob scooter in las vegas very easy to do only problem is people not looking where they are going, taking pictures , texting etc. i have found the electric wheelchair better, more manoverable, battreies last longer only problem with both is you are low down and if behind people of ample proportion you cannot see where you are going. But as you say once you get past the worrying stage it is liberating for both you and your partner , go for it my wife and i are going to america again this year, the scarriest part is always at heathrow.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.