Last reply 5 years ago
Safo foot orthosis for footdrop

Hi again

Has anybody else ever tried or has a Safo foot orthotic? I have tried lots of “off the shelf”
orthosis but without much success, after months of letters of funding application Ive just got the news that I can have two made, for me they are the best device I have tried including FES
I really recommend to anyone with footdrop to try these. They take about a month to make as moulded to your foot and skin tone matched, I will let you know if they are “lifechanging” very exciting!
here is a very pleased gentleman

http://www.dorset-ortho.com/category/safo/

Loulou x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

loulou
5 years ago

loulou
5 years ago

loulou
5 years ago

Hi there
after a long long awaited funding appication I have been very lucky indeed and awarded funding for two pairs of Safo’s
One pair has been made and although my left one needs adjusting I am extremely pleased with them and you dont even notice you are wearing them, they really do help if you have Footdrop
I guess the effectiveness will vary in individuals but I really recommend you try them out if you have this annoying and worrying problem, they can be purchased and made but it is worth applying for funding with your local PCT or other association but you have to chase and persevere!
I have tried many different devices including a Walkaide FES
Jus thought Id let ou know what I thought of them in case anyone with Footdrop was looking at other devices
Loulou xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.