scotkiwi 30/06/12
Last reply 5 years ago

So I watched the movie Rent this evening, for the first time in ages. Its 2006 release (or thereabouts) and is about a bunch of New Yorkers in the late 1990s living with HIV. Essentially its an uplifting story about a group of friends living with a sh!t condition, and how they deal with it.
Many parallels throughout to what/how we deal with our joyful condition and the whole emotional bit too. We probably dont break out into song quite as much as they do tho…
Once upon a time I took some of the music from it and scored it for a 70 piece orchestra to play – reminded me of some happy times.
Enjoy your eve!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

5 years ago

I have never seen it, but since you recommend it I might watch it this weekend 🙂 Always up for a good flick!

5 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this movie. Its actually supposed to in the 80s. Its the movie adaptation of the Broadway show. All but two of the actors in the movie are the original Broadway actors. Its based off of the writers life…who was friends with a lot of people who had HIV during the epidemic in the 80s. He writer of the show actually died of a rare heart defect the night it opened. Very sad.

But the movie is amazingly wonderful. Uplifting, sad, and just fantastic! I definitely recommend it as well! Always makes me feel happier when I watch it.
And…just can’t help myself and always end up belting out all of the songs at the top of my lungs!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.