John
6 years ago
remembering

I have been suffering with names & faces for a while now but I’ve recently become very involved with my son’s football club & I’m not recognising anybody. Is this a M.S.thing? My wife sees everything and knows everyone already so it’s making me feel a bit simple

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

It took me nearly 2 hours to remember the name of my cousin’s close friend that I saw the other day and I’ve only known her for approx. 25 years!!!
My daughter started football at the beginning of this year and because I was told two of the dad’s – one is named Peter and one Paul, can I heck remember which is which as all I do is sing the song. My hubby had to keep saying it’s Big Peter, little Paul (i.e one is taller than other!)so I can remember but kids find it amusing when I start muttering and doing height movements!!!!
I’ve had facebook requests off people that I know there faces and sometimes even there names I recognise but can I remember them from where?? So I just don’t add them!!! Oops.
I definitely say it’s an MS thing as I used to remember everything and everyone

I think there is evidence that memory recall can be a symptom. I don’t know though whether this is due to lesions or whether it’s a symptom of fatigue. I know that I find it difficult to recall things and even talk to people coherently when I’m in a very tired phase as I lose my train of thought easily. However, I put this down to fatigue rather than active inflammation. I think Prof G’s blog had something about it a while ago though, if you’re interested in reading more.

MS can affect cognitive function, something which i have experienced myself a few years ago. Whilst at work I would find myself losing concentration and making silly little errors in tasks which I had previusly performed so easily. My then girlfriend recommended a book to me which her dad had used to improve his memory. I bought the book and read it. My memory has improved so dramitically that i can still remember the example exercises I had read over 2 years ago! The book is by an author called Tony Buzan – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1406610186/ref=wms_ohs_product_img I can not recommend it highly enough!

Ozi

Hubby ordered the book for me! Although I think he should also read it lol x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.