Last reply 3 weeks ago
Relationship issues

Seems like I am on the verge of separation, my MS keeps interfering with my day-to-day life. I can’t give what is expected of me and it’s emotionally painful. Literally stuck in a no win situation.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

rogersouthall
4 weeks ago

Mate, firstly let me say I am sorry, sorry for the extra stress, you really do not need it. There is little anyone can say, take a read of my blog, the issues covered may be of help, but be strong mate.
http://www.wholesorts.com

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@jayjay10 , MS has little respect for anything but the strongest of relationships. MS can be “the straw the breaks the camel’s back”.

Having said that, I can appreciate that this is a hard time for you but it is probably pain to be tolerated now, rather than worse pain to be tolerated later.

Stay strong.

grandma
4 weeks ago

Dearest @jayjay10 you’re still very young, when you do find the right person they will love you for you, warts and all. If they know all about the ms from the start, know how it is likely to progress etc. They will learn to live with it, as do you, and hopefully you can fight it together🥊🙏🏻😍

mermaidia11
4 weeks ago

I agree
And Mate,I feel your pain @jayjay10

I gave up a bone fide
rockstar because I no could no longer cope with a relationship and MS

I have since worked out that, like my ex husband, I’d swerved a massive curve ball and am now very thankful for the discernment MS forced upon me

So maybe she/he just wasn’t right for you and you too have swerved a curve ball?

MS is difficult for us to understand at times; never mind getting anyone else to understand.
How is anyone ever going to truly understand what it is like to walk in your shoes?

The right person for you won’t have to though ( and expectation is a much under rated source of angst in interpersonal relationships – having non, means u can’t be disappointed)

Kindness, ,love and patience transcends and negates all that anyway.

Don’t dwell or try and assign blame. Whom ever it was is history (dont look back in anger)- the right one is never hard work – so NEXT!!! And onwards n upwards… won’t patronise you with a Smiley face but will send a warm, fuzzy hug

sarah_graham
4 weeks ago

Hi @jayjay10
You are young and there is more to life. There is only one person in your life that you have to look after and love which is yourself. It took me a year to realise this and it made me stronger person but this was when I had C.I.S. And since the docs told me that I have officially had M.S it hasn’t stop me from believing that I can do this and this is just another chapter in my life. Be proud of your story and you will get through this. The world is full females that would be lucky to have you. Keep moving forward and this is just a new chapter in your life its up to what you think is best for you.

jayjay10
3 weeks ago

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for all your words of wisdom and advice. I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate what I have just read from you all. I have gathered so much encouragement and strength from all those letters and words that have just crossed my eyes, I feel like I have inherited a family here which is indescribable beyond belief, truly remarkable.

Thank you once again for all the support and help.

Lots of love and affection,

Jay x

dramaqueen
3 weeks ago

You have been strong for many years jay and fort many battles. I’m sure you have the strength to ride this storm. Their loss. Play your tunes and recharge.Sandra x

chezy17
3 weeks ago

Hey @mermaidia11

That was some good advice, ‘the right one is never hard work!’ I think that’s sound advice, now if only I can apply that to myself 🤣🤣🤣.

If it doesn’t work out then they’re not to ride your journey, the right one will understand.

Keep ya chin up and keep fighting 🥊🥊!

mermaidia11
3 weeks ago

@chezy thanks love😍
. It’s hard isn’t it?
But I’m too knackered to flog a dead horse or keep banging my head against a brick wall! (Been it, done it and bashed it! )

And learnt the hard way, where the best lessons are learnt eh?

They’re either on board with their heart n soul, or they are overboard- no exceptions
Take no prisoners, MS or not…. cos In the long run, it saves u a lot of pain and heartache.
We owe it to ourselves to swerve that bs !

Anyway…[email protected]
Hope u get things resolved one way or the other with ur relationship and good luck mate✨💕🧜‍♀️✨

mermaidia11
3 weeks ago

chezy17
3 weeks ago

@mermaidia11 Yeah it is but I guess having been left when you needed them the most does leave a scar not to mention alot of unanswered questions. Makes you question any future person but I know not everyone is the same. I’m just enjoying the time to myself and focusing on what’s important, me and the munchkins 😊.

Life it too short and if it’s meant to be the right person will come along that can ride the journey with you ❤.

Take care chick, and look after yourself 😊. X

mermaidia11
3 weeks ago

@chezy17 me too! My kids are my soulmates and always clone first
As my wise old mum used to say ‘there’s worse things than being alone! And as another wise dead person said…

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
Marilyn Monroe

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.