Last reply 1 year ago
Relapse or not?

Hi , Paul is having symptoms of electric shock in his head and severe nausea and the pain is traveling down his leg. He went to clinic last year with a similar thing and was told no relapse? Not sure what to do! Please any help will be appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@sonya74 , can I assume that Paul is your partner and that he has MS?

Slight electric shocks can be caused by L’Hermittes Sign (https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/lhermittes-sign) . This can travel down the spine.

If this is a repetition of old symptoms, then it’s unlikely to be a relapse. However, it is possible to aggravate our symptoms, if we contract an infection, e.g. cold/flu, UTI, etc.. But, these symptoms should quieten down after the underlying infection is cleared.

I would contact Paul’s MS Nurse on Tuesday for a bit of reassurance.

sonya74
1 year ago

Thank you, yes he’s my partner. He was diagnosed wit RRMS 16 months ago. He has had this before, but they said it was migraines , he’s suffered migraines for 30 years and saif he’s never had a migraine that has been like this. All the MS nurse does when we have phoned is told him to go to his GP and then the GP prescribes him with a medication and the hospital then ask Paul why he is on it?? We explain, but to be honest he says it’s a waste of time going because he never gets anywhere. This is worrying because we really don’t know much about what is happening.
Thank you

stumbler
1 year ago

@sonya74 . there’s an interesting research paper here on headaches and MS :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/research/research-updates/updated160509-headaches-more-common-during-relapse

I used to suffer with migraine, but they stopped shortly before my first physical MS symptom…….

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.