krisp 17/03/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Relapse or not

Hi guys
Not diagnosed yet, normal brain mri but neuro acknowledges that I’ve had some sort of neuro inflammatory event.
It goes something like this –
Dec lhermittes
Jan feet tingling to burning
Feb odd pains In leg muscles moving around not cramp but Charlie horse like

The lhermittes has lessened to barely noticeable and the other symptoms come and go throughout the day, almost gone when I’m relaxed.

Does this sound like one relapse / clinically isolated event or does it sound like a number of relapses or PPMS.

Not sure if anyone can help but I just read relapses come plateau and go, these seem to be changing day to day hour to hour

Thanks
K

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , this web page provides a good explanation of a relapse:-

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

It’s not unusual to have some leftover residual damage that can affect you from time to time. These are normally sensory symptoms.

They can be a good indication that it’s time to have a quick rest from what you’re doing. I call it, “listening to your body”.

If we ignore these signs and carry on regardless, then we can upset our MS, which doesn’t like to be ignored.

MS is a condition that needs to be managed.

krisp
3 years ago

Thanks again @stumbler
Just curious as to whether it would all be classed as one episode as one symptom came within 30 days of the previous ones

Thanks
K

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , record all these events in a diary, so that you can provide a Neuro with a chronogical summary of symptoms and how long the symptoms lasted. 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.