Last reply 11 months ago
Relapse before Lemtrada

Hi all

I am due to have Lemtrada from 19th February. The issue now though is, I recently started relapsing for the 10th time in the last year and knowing that they give you steroids as part of the infusion I would normally push through but this is the difference between me being able to move around my house, get to the bathroom on time and generally look after myself. In a week I’ve gone from finding it hard to walk and stand to it being damn near impossible. I am unable to stand unaided. My husband is taking a lot of time off when I have the lemtrada so until then I’m home alone 5 days a week. I know it’s just a month but when you can no longer cook anything, shower and dress yourself that’s a long time.

I’m seeing my nurse tomorrow and I wonder if they will be able to treat me with steroids so close to lemtrada? has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks
Beth

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

weefriend
11 months ago

Hi Beth,
Yes I have just been in that situation. I had steroids just a few weeks before starting Lemtrada. I wasn’t keen because I knew I was getting steroids really soon but it was worth it to recover from the relapse before starting Lemtrada. I hope this helps and that you feel better soon! Good luck with your treatment! Add me as a friend if you need to ask anything 🙂 Xxxx

stumbler
11 months ago

@bethyannelies , I’m not sure that they would be keen to hit you with two huge doses in quick succession. No doubt your Nurse will advise you tomorrow.

I’m sure that the impending Lemtrada treatment must be playing on your mind. It could be this mental activity that was behind your relapse.

Just accept that you are in a weak state at the moment and see if you can just switch off as much as possible. Let your body just get on and recover.

Yes, it would be a situation where Steroids would be usually considered. But, even Steroids would only expedite your recovery. It would not alter the outcome of the recovery.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.