lina 03/05/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Recent 6 month check up

Hi all,

Hope you are all ok just a question if anyone can answer. I had my 6 monthly check up with neurologist he assessed checking my arms walking ability, reflexes, eyes he also squeezed my cheeks. Why would he check my face and squeeze my cheeks it was so funny. As a result hasn’t put me on anything but I’m suffering with sciatica and tingling in my legs also have nicotine patches on that irritate me.

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@lina , these medical professionals usually have a purpose in most things that they do.

One neurological problem is Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN). Perhaps they were checking for that……..

hollylb10
3 years ago

Last time I went I had to stick my tongue right and and say ‘ahhh’

I also have lower back problems and the tingling in my legs. Thought it was sciatica last year but I think it’s more likely to be a lesion on my spine!

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @lina I’m smiling about the doctor squeezing your cheeks maybe he thought you were a cutie…. 😀 but my first thought was also what @stumbler said.. TN .. Hope you can get help with your Sciatica and tingling 🙂

lina
3 years ago

Hi @stumbler and @ Northernlass sorry not replied sooner to your replies but I am tingling and buzzing sensation in my head so I have been just keeping calm about it all as I know its all part of MS but going to get in touch with my MS nurse just feel like there is alot of pressure in my head. Nice to hear some advice.

Lina

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @lina I hope your MS nurse can help you with the tingling and buzzing in your head hun… let us know what she thinks it might be and how best to treat it… Best wishes

lina
3 years ago

Hi @Nothernlass buzzing and tingling gone now but have but in a call to the MS nurse might as well speak to her.

Thanks

Lina

baobab
3 years ago

Which cheeks was he squeezing :O lol

us-emma
3 years ago

Cheek squeezing and tongue movement assess different cranial nerves. He is looking for facial asymmetry and muscle strength equality.

Did he ask you to smile big & frown? Part of the same test.

I refer to the whole thing as my ‘monkey check up’ bc I feel like a lab monkey preforming all the neuro tests!

Google ‘how to complete a neurological examination’ and you can watch a YouTube video of someone else being the monkey 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.