highlander 30/04/18
Last reply 3 weeks ago
Reacently DX

Is this the norm?
MS Nurse – Why are you here?
Me-you sent me a letter.
MS Nurse-Has the neurologist seen you?
Me-He sent me a letter saying I have MS probably SPMS refer to you.
So here I am tarra !
Nurse-here’s some books I’ll see you in 3 months Bye
Is this par for the course? All the literature make her out to be your fairy god mother at best font of all knowledge relating to MS.
Or was she just having a bad day?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
3 weeks ago

Hello @highlander, well, that all seems pretty strange and clearly doesn’t inspire confidence! You’re right, often the MS nurse can be the glue that holds things together so sorry it hasn’t gone great for you. Why don’t you tell us about your situation, have you been waiting for a diagnosis for a while?

highlander
3 weeks ago

Hello…. apologies for not saying that before, new to this typing malarkey!
Long story short.
Have no balance, double vision sometimes, now have an ankle/ foot brace, walking stick, perm pins and needles in feet and hands, no feelings in my ears, shoulders or face to name but a few.
Have to use self raising flour! Have major probs speaking, which keeps the wife happy as I’m quieter!
Had MRI and extremely uncomfortable spinal! Don’t be the first patient they see after coming out of training bless her she did try and try then called for the boss.
I’ve been plodding along with this since Jan 17 finally got the DX Feb 18.
Like I say new to all this so please bear with thanks.

highlander
3 weeks ago

Hello @vixen, apologies for not saying that before, new to this typing malarkey!
Long story short.
Have no balance, double vision sometimes, now have an ankle/ foot brace, walking stick, perm pins and needles in feet and hands, no feelings in my ears, shoulders or face to name but a few.
Have to use self raising flour! Have major probs speaking, which keeps the wife happy as I’m quieter!
Had MRI and extremely uncomfortable spinal! Don’t be the first patient they see after coming out of training bless her she did try and try then called for the boss.
I’ve been plodding along with this since Jan 17 finally got the DX Feb 18.
Like I say new to all this so please bear with thanks.

peterfrancis
3 weeks ago

Hi highlander

I had a similar episode with the first MS Nurse I saw, asking if I knew why I was there and what was wrong with me. She seemed very blase about it, almost as if it was too much bother for her.

Thankfully I see a different one now and she is a lot better.

highlander
3 weeks ago

Hi Peter

I see what you’ve done, sent her in my direction well I’ll annoy her so much she’ll get better at it or move on again, I really can be very annoying!
Keep smiling

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.