Last reply 2 months ago
Radiotherapy // relaose

I’ve recently had 6 weeks of radiotherapy for tonsil cancer and am now experiencing a relapse. I’ve just had IV steroids but my mobility is still really restricted. Much worse than it was before the cancer treatment.

Is this to be expected? My body has just taken a battering!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@dannyj , yes, you have just taken a battering. The lead up to this treatment must have been pushing your stressometer off the scale, which won’t have helped.

Give the steroids some time. They’ll be working for following 6-8 weeks, helping you to recover. Just rest up and let your body attempt this recovery.

vixen
2 months ago

Hey @dannyj, well you have indeed taken a hurricane-force battering! Take time to recover well. Lots of rest, lots of treats, lots of putting this recent nightmare time behind you and a focus on future better days x

grandma
2 months ago

Dear @dannyj, I have spms, have had the beast for 25 years, 8 years ago I got breast cancer and had chemo, I didn’t relapse though I expected to! I was 54 at the time. Don’t know whether age had anything to do with it or the length of time I’ve had ms, or the fact that I’m on treatment which I notice you’re not, we are all so different so do take Stumblers advice, take a breath, sit down and have a cuppa and let the world go by, you’re the most important person in your life at the moment, so be kind to yourself. I have just been discharged from the oncology unit so now
I only have to go to the hospital to see the ms nurse, so there’s quite a few of us that have more than 1 beast in our lives, keep fighting and keep your chin up.😍

dannyj
2 months ago

Thanks all

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.