Last reply 2 months ago
Question about l'hermitte experiences

Dear All,

I was just wondering if I could ask about your experiences with l’hermitte’s sign (thought this might be of interest to others too).

Recently when I bend my head forward I feel a weak but clear electrical type buzzing/tugging in my right hand. Obviously this doesn’t sound like the classic electrical shock down the whole back and into the limbs description but since it happens each time I bend my head and otherwise not, I wanted to ask if you felt this could be L’hermitte’s.

Very many thanks for your thoughts…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @susi, this sounds exactly the same as I had twenty years ago, except it went to both hands and only lasted a month or so and I never had it again. At the time. No one knew what it was, but my guess is that it was L’hermittes….

susi
2 months ago

Dear Vixen, Thxs do much for your speedy answer. Interesting to know you had more or less the same as me. It’s an odd feeling. I had the same thing a while back with buzzing under my knee when I bent my head forward.

stumbler
2 months ago

@susi , you have to imagine that your spinal column is one huge computer cable, connecting your brain to all the nerve endings through your entire body.

When you bend your head forwards, your are actually bending this cable, which may by stressing some of the individual connections contained therein. It could impact any of the connections to the body from below the neck.

So, it can be a different experience for all of us. But, it’s still L’hermittes………

susi
2 months ago

thank you stumbler, I just thought i had to feel it stronger and down my back which i dont. Just the buzzing/tugging/prinkling in my gand when i bend my neck. but what you write makes total sense.

best wishes!

susi
2 months ago

May I ask just one more thing…What I’ve noticed is that this comes and goes during the day. I will feel it intensely every time I bend my head for hours. Then it disappears and is gone only for it to return later in the day or the next morning. I wonder, does that make sense?

vixen
2 months ago

Hi @susi, if I remember, when I had had it it varied in terms of intensity. I got used to it, and then one day I noticed that I hadn’t even noticed that it had gone! Never had it since, either!

susi
2 months ago

Thxs Vixen! It seems to come and go. Sometimes zapping at every head bend. Sometimes nothing. It’s not painful, just pretty odd.

Have a good WE

paul_paterson
2 months ago

I have it all the time. As you say it’s not sore it’s just damn weard. It makes me feel like I’m going to pass out

milliepipkins
2 months ago

I experienced this until I started taking Gabapentin, and then it disappeared without me even realising. I’m not sure whether it is the medication that has made it go away but I understand how painful it is. I am beyond grateful that for now, it has gone away.

lightning87
2 months ago

Sounds like l’hermittes even though it is in your arm. I had it down my spine but could sometimes feel it stretch to my arms/legs. The buzzing went after a few months, such a weird sensation but I’d say it could occur anywhere in the body. If it’s not painful I’d probably tend to agree that it’s l’hermittes.

nutshell88
2 months ago

When I had it in 2010/2011
I was leaning my head downward for long at uni and everytime I do it I get electric shock at the bottom of my back
And I was walling funny

Recently I was walking funny again in my right leg couldnt feel my toes but also recovered after recovering ive been experincing wave sensation at the bottom of my head then I got urinaty wee problem still presents

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.