Hi everyone, I will also do lots of research and thinking, but wanted to consult you all for your experiences – the good, the bad and the damn right ugly, please whether you are considering, are on the waiting list, on the journey or completed the treatment -what has been the best and worst for me to consider as to whether I switch to Lemtrada?
PLEASE respond as it may help others who are chewing over the options too.
I am currently on Plegridy and coping ok with it. I saw my MS neuro earlier in the year and he recommends I stay on this treatment as when he heard of my current my symptoms he decided I was doing really well, with no remission, so stay with the plan.
Interestingly, by comparison, I saw my neurologist this am and he has a different perspective. He thinks I have had some minor relapses and suggested an MRI (see my other post where I asked you all re what is normal for follow-up). He agrees with most and thinks once a year for an MRI is good, so he has booked me in for one. He also thinks prevention is better than cure and asked me to seriously consider moving up the fight to take on Lemrada.
I’m in two minds, my symptoms are mild and manageable currently (but I know this could change at any time), I’m also about to start a new job and they don’t know I have MS (another story), hence why your thoughts and experiences will be invaluable to me.
I’ve thought I will await the outcome of the MRI before making the final decision but in the meantime please share your story
Browse categories and add by clicking on them
You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.