femke 13/01/13
Last reply 5 years ago
Profiles .

I find it such a shame people are not always filling in there profiles ! It helps a if you know a little bit about the person your talking to !

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
5 years ago

I agree, Femke.
I’m presently dealing with a raft of new members, intent on leaving spam all over the forum.
Fortunately, you don’t get to see the majority of it, but since mid-December, there have been some 600 spam items.
A Spam user provides no profile information either.
So, it would be good to see some details so we don’t ever consider you a spammer. 🙂

femke
5 years ago

Could it be made compulsive ! Or is that taking your right yo anonymity away ? Xx femke

stumbler
5 years ago

Personally, I think it should stay the way it is. Having total anonymity allows very personal subjects to be discussed openly.
It’s a matter for the individual to determine how much they give away about themselves.
Just my humble opinion.

femke
5 years ago

Your. Right as usual !

stumbler
5 years ago

@femke, not always right, just very opinionated! 😆

femke
5 years ago

Got some great smileys to answer you for the first time frustration sets ! Damn mac !

Anonymous
5 years ago

I think for some people it’s just difficult to find out how to do it! I managed it yesterday, but other than mentioning the city I’m in and when I was diagnosed I left it blank. Privacy is very important with me. It may be that at some point I discuss the drug study I’m on. Only so many people are on this study in my city so if I added my birthdate, etc. that’s me ‘outed’ on public posts forever more. I will try and wittily fill out the interests section soon though, as I agree it’s easier to ‘cohere’ as a group if we seem like real honest-to-goodness people.

jman
5 years ago

@femke I’m us a Mac whats the problem.. As for filling in profiles, IF you want to.. 🙂

Editing profile is simple.. Right top over your name, You should get a drop menu with EDIT PROFILE appearing.

femke
5 years ago

Hi Jman I have an extra keyboard on my ipad with smileys ect but it seems only people with apple products can read them ! Same with my avatar can’t get it to load !
I fully appreciate people wanting to maintain their privacy i do as well just sometimes it’s nice to know a little more about the person . But then I am a nosy Parker !

femke
5 years ago

Major kong you should only give info your comfortable with ! I fully understand your reasons !

Anonymous
5 years ago

Cheers jman. I had been clicking on my name under my avatar. Still simple, just not as straight-forward and a few more clicks to do it that way. I blame cog fog (and not having a Facebook account).

Femke, I hear you on the nosy parker thing. Normally I would be too. I’m sure I’ll loosen up a bit the longer I’m here!

femke
5 years ago

Major kong I feel bad now you seem such a nice person I would never want to push anybody into doing something they are not comfy with xx femke

Anonymous
5 years ago

Not at all! Seriously! I was just giving the perspective of someone who absolutely acknowledges this place is more fun the more input and info is out there from everybody yet is still a bit trepidatious about doing it themselves. I think a lot of people are like that these days. We all know the perils of social networking ‘over-share’. Just trying to avoid any ‘act in haste, repent at leisure’ missteps on here.

femke
5 years ago

Must admit this is my first forum I’ve been on and don’t know much about cyber problems ! But thanks for your kind words major kong xx femke

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.