Anonymous 01/05/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Private messages

Hey there, I’m having trouble posting private messages, I am using the site on an iPad, could this be the reason? It’s a fab site by the way x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

@sennen , friendship request sent to try and get to the bottom of this for you. 😉

Anonymous
3 years ago

Owwwww can’t send messages again 😖

krisp
3 years ago

What does it say?

stumbler
3 years ago

Is this now resolved for you, @sennen?

stumbler
3 years ago

@sennen , I’ll change my question, I think. Yes, does it say anything to suggest why it doesn’t work?

Anonymous
3 years ago

Owwwwww, tried again, it says error sending message, please retry in red 😳

stumbler
3 years ago

Hi @sennen , this error can occur if :-

– no recipient name is quoted; and/or
– there is no subject heading.

The recipient’s name should start to autofill as you type it.

Does that help at all?

Anonymous
3 years ago

Nope 😖 owwwwwww

stumbler
3 years ago

@sennen , I assume that this is only a problem when creating new messages, rather than replying as you managed to reply to me.

So, do you get a list of predicted recipients as you start completing the “To” field?

stumbler
3 years ago

Just another thought, @sennen . Could you sign out of Shift and sign back in? 😉

graham100
3 years ago

Hi. @sennen. Not that I know much about this but mabe if you wasn’t signed in as anonymous??

freya29
3 years ago

Hay guys,
I seem to be having a problem too. I’ve tried the suggestions above but it comes up as there is an error 😔 any other suggestions?

graham100
3 years ago

@freya29. I thought I would try private messaging you to see if that worked. But we are not friends, so Iv sent a request??

freya29
3 years ago

Hi Graham,
I’ve accepted so will try to reply if you send a private message. Tried a few things, signing in and out again, starting a new message but it doesn’t seem to want to let me reply.

stumbler
3 years ago

@freya29 , I need to get to the bottom of this problem. What do you use to access Shift – PC, i-Pad, smartphone, tablet?

And which member were you trying to message?

freya29
3 years ago

Hay stumbler, I’m just away to work now but will come on later and hopefully we can work out what it is. I used my iPhone and my laptop so it doesn’t seem to be a device issue. I couldn’t reply to you or another member I had been chatting with. Both of which I’m added as a friend. If that’s makes sense!

freya29
3 years ago

Can’t reply to you ether graham, just so you know!

graham100
3 years ago

@freya29. Worth a try. Did you actually get my PM. Strange.

freya29
3 years ago

Yeah I can receive the messages but when I try to reply it’s says there’s an error. Thanks for trying though!

graham100
3 years ago

Oh dear. Looks like you won’t be able to send any mucky private messages then. Lol

stumbler
3 years ago

There does appear to be something not quite right about all this.

@graham100 , are you experiencing any problems with messaging?

freya29
3 years ago

haha mucky messages?! I have no idea what you are talking about Graham! 🙂 hopefully it will be resolved soon :-/ is there anything I should be doing to fix it?

cassandrams
3 years ago

Hey @freya29, Cass here. I work for Shift.ms. Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve no idea why you wouldn’t be able to reply to messages, this is a mystery! If you’re friends with someone and you’re logged in, there should be no issues. Is it still a problem or has it resolved itself yet? I’m wondering if it was just a temporary blip.

Cass x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.