Last reply 1 year ago
Prescriptions

Hi all
I was just wandering if with ms we need to pay for prescriptions ? My other half has under active thyroid and is exempt from all prescription charges due to it being long term does the same apply ??

Liz 😄

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

bloomers1968
1 year ago

yes we do although the MS drugs were sent by BUPA free

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hey Liz

It will depend where you are – in Scotland all prescriptions are free to everyone. I know before this system came onto place there was some scheme where you pay an annual fee – it was for people on cancer medicines etc My Dad just has to pay this fee then his medicines were free. Might be worth investigating if there is soemthijg like this if you are not in Scotland.

Hope this helps

Avril

stumbler
1 year ago

@lillibet23 , here is some details about getting a Prescription Exemption Certificate :-

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/1126.aspx

You can see how your other half is included.

You’d have to see if your GP would approve an application based on :-

• a continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without the help of another person

Only you know how reasonable that would be………..

Is it only the MS medication? If i take anti depressants/ anti anxiety which, i think is due to my MS could i get these on exemption?

Not had a problem with mental health before MS!

Mark

lillibet23
1 year ago

Thank you all I’ll speak to pharmacist next time I go for my repeat
This is what I want to know mark as I take meds for my bladder due to ms the link from stumbler is helpful further up this feed take a look

Liz

I will do Liz. I gave it a quick skim through, looks interesting!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.