hannah015 16/09/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Positive attitude

Hi
I haven’t been on for a few months, I was paralysed by my first ms attack in march this year. After 3 weeks in hospital, having 6 days of intravenous drip, 5 days of blood plasma exchange, I decided to do my own physio Cause in my opinion the physio was too slow and they had written me off to a wheekchair, I refused to give up, I continued to push myself, I can now walk at least 10 miles in one go, I am just planning a 2 week trip touring Japan while I await my tratment to start, I have been lucky to be offered the new treatment which involves 5 days of intravenous drip the first year and 3 days the second year. Fingers crossed it helps. I just wanted to say that don’t give up if you have just been diagnosed because I honestly believe being strong and determined is 50% of the battle. I am only 33 and I decided being diagnosed with ms was going to be the start of my life not the end. I appreciate my body now more than ever for what it has dealt with, just keep fighting people. Xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

jj5sim
3 years ago

Glad to hear you are doing better. Couldn’t agree with you more. Giving up isn’t going to help anyone, Keep fighting!

jessa
3 years ago

You have just inspired me,as I’ve had a rough few days and I’m feeling very down.Thank you for this post! 🙂

katfight
3 years ago

@hannah015 positivity is key, negative vibes hold us back. I’ve learnt that also this year. Good on ya, keep strong and hope ur hols is fab. I am however well jel lol x

stumbler
3 years ago

@hannah015 , nice to see you popping in with such an encouraging tale.

Good luck with the Lemtrada and enjoy Japan. 😉

judy-gy
3 years ago

Wow what a post! I saw that others had said you were being inspiring. I’d felt wiped put by my phisio session today and not much like doing my 0.4 mile walk tonight, but maybe I will get out there. Jx

hannah015
3 years ago

Hey @Johnny @catfight @stumbler @judy-gy and @jessa

Thank you, I think the more positive stories you hear of people overcoming ms attacks the more it boosts your positivity and your fight. I had a really bad last MRI, more lesions but you know what I just think it motivates me more to show how well I’m doing and work harder.
Good luck to you all
Sending love
Xx

Anonymous
3 years ago

Best Post without doubt!!!!!! As everyone has said and no doubt all others thought, thank you for this post Hannah. You got it right!

hannah015
3 years ago

Thanks @billybonza

graham100
3 years ago

Well done you, must have been a bit scary, paralysed? How much exersize are you doing per day? I am doing as much as I can I think, but can only walk a few feet without going sideways, give us some tips if you’ve got time, no rush, thanks.

hannah015
3 years ago

Hi @graham100

It was incredibly scary at time cause it happened so suddenly, i couldn’t use my left side at all, not even wiggle my fingers or toes, I was told I would be in a wheelchair with possibly no improvement, but that just made me work harder, I spent hours each day desperately trying to force my fingers to move, eventually they did, then just worked on every part of my body, once I got a bit of movement I started trying to do my old ballet training, very basic to start, I went for walks daily with my stick once I could stand slightly, which got further each day, it took months but now I do 10 miles at least in one go, my walking is normal again. I just pushed myself as much as I could, I never gave up no matter how hard.

gwenny
3 years ago

Wow, Hannah015, you certainly have inspired me to get my act together, I’d kind of dropped the bundle a bit, and hadn’t been doing the exercises like I should have been doing, but now I will get back into exercising.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday, well done to you 🙂

northernlass
3 years ago

Wow Hannah015 what fantastic news that you have turned your life around by yourself.. I have been just waiting for my visit to Neurophysio and not doing much in the mean time but you have inspired me to try and keep more active. Really hope you enjoy Japan.. my daughter would love to visit Japan so tell us about your trip when you get back. Safe travels 🙂

noddy7
3 years ago

POSITIVE ATTITUDE,
FIND SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT EVERY DAY

hannah015
3 years ago

Thanks @gwenny @northernlass and @noddy7

I am so pleased my story has inspired you, I think its good to hear good stories, which is why I shared mine. I find the more I push myself the more I can do. I am back in heels now which my dr said I would never do, it just goes to show what determination and positivity can do. Just keep pushing yourself, eat well, lots of fish and bananas and drink lots of water, I have replaced tea with green tea, and try and treat my body as well as I can. I appreciate how hard my body has to work these days.
Thanks all, cannot wait for Japan, seeing everything and most importantly lots of sushi lol.

gwenny
3 years ago

Hi Hannah015, that’s interesting about the Tea, as my Physio suggested I drink White Tea, which she said would be less aggravating than normal Tea. I still have the occasional normal Tea, as not all Cafes serve the White Tea.
🙂

shynini
3 years ago

very nice post:)) keep going and enjoy you holiday!

stumbler
3 years ago

@gwenny , caffeine can be a bladder irritant and is best avoided if you have bladder issues.

Green tea has more caffeine than normal tea.

northernlass
3 years ago

@gwenny I would take along my own tea bags and just ask do they have Decaf, un bleached, organic Tea bags..? they normally say no so I just ask for a mug of boiling water and some milk as I have brought my own just in case… FREE TEA.. 🙂 and I’ve read that too @stumbler ,my daughter is into green tea so I buy organic decaf un bleached tea bags for her and hope that they are as natural as I can get them.

graham100
3 years ago

Oh dear. What’s the point of having a cup of tea like that? May as well just put nettles in a cup and poor boiling water over it. Lol. Just have a nice cup of PG. Made in the pot, how else. Lol

gwenny
3 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m quite used to the taste of the White Tea now, but still enjoy a normal Tea too, and yes Northernlass, I usually have a few White Teabags in my bag when I visit friends, haven’t done your trick in Cafes though, as I do like a Hot Chocolate occasionally as a treat 🙂

tabbycat
3 years ago

Brilliant post. So much is in the attitude, I was just struggling home after a longer walk than I thought I could do with my husband and we found a walnut tree with masses of fallen nuts. Hubby hates taking anything that might belong to someone else, so he wouldn’t carry all the nuts I picked up off the ground. I therefore had to carry a huge bag of the things in my backpack, but because it was my idea in the first place and I really wanted them, low and behold I dragged them and my dragging leg up the hill – which shows what you can be done, when you are bloody minded enough!

joolz
3 years ago

@hannah015

Thank you for your inspirational post! I was feeling a bit lost in the MS netherworld, having found out at the end of August that I have lesions on my brain and spinal cord, consistent with MS. The neuro won’t fully diagnosed me yet, as he wants to wait until the next MRI in 5 to 7 months time, before he will give me a full diagnosis – unless I have another episode first. I still have lack of feeling in my hands, with my left hand more affected than the other, as well as balance/walking and fatigue issues. Thankfully, the other issues, (altered sensations along entire right side; burning and itching of neck though nothing there, dropping things, pins and needles, etc), have subsided for the time being. I’m not working at present, as I’m trying to get myself back into some sort of working order (excuse the pun…). Reading your post helped to give me the shove I needed to get back to the gym yesterday, and commit to changing my eating habits – and not waiting around for the next 5 months. (Thank goodness the treadmill has handles… nearly toppled over several times).

Thank you again, and very jealous over Japan! Safe travels!

hannah015
3 years ago

Hey @joolz

Sorry for delay only just seen your post. I only got diagnosed march this year, it’s bit daunting at first but you know what the better you take care of your body the better you can cope with it all. Sitting about worrying or feeling sorry for ourselves is just pointless and unfair to our bodies. I have tried to incorporate daily exercise, walks and healthy diet and im so proud of how my body has faught back.

Glad to hear things are returning for you, I still have pins and needles in left leg and my left arm is weak but I just try and strengthen it.
Lol I’m same on treadmill, I generally just hold on to be safe, could see me flying off end otherwise lol
Thanks Hun that’s really sweet
Take care too xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.