wildthing 14/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Portable electric chair / scooter

Can anyone recommend a wheelchair / scooter / trike? that I can load into the boot of my car? (rather small – it’s a Polo but will upgrade if necessary) I’d like to be able to take it over grass and up slight hills too.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

I just bought a 3 wheeler scooter that pulls apart and fits in my boot. It prety light weight to pull out off boot and put together. But it isn’t powerful enough to go in soft grass/sand or go up steep hills. But there were 4 wheelers which I think will be better on these surfaces, the parts are heavier battery 16kgs which is the heaviest part. I’m in perth australia but I understand you can get them online or check around your area.

It has been great having the scooter I am more independent and don’t stress when go to outings with friends.

3 years ago

@reddivine has a Benoit, powerpack fitted to a manual chair that assembles disassemble in 3 parts.

Was purchased with part grant from MS charities etc.

Its fine about town, in shopping centres, but doesn’t do offroad at all well.

Need another beast for that!

3 years ago

wildthing, if you do some research, you’ll see the 2 sentences you gave are not necessarily compatible.
Yes mine is a manual. plus motor plus battery plus anti tip wheel. All goes in most boots inc hatchback.
But off roading? grass? your talking wider tyres, more weight and a different animal.
To get THAT into a car you’d need a WAV and a whole lotta lotta cash.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.