Last reply 6 months ago
Plegridy

Hi. Just wondered if anyone was on plegridy? It’s still a beta feron but the injection is only once a fortnight rather than 3 times a week. Sounds really good but they’ve only really had long term results from Germany. Has anyone else been told about this or are on it?
Thx.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

samanthathompson
6 months ago

Hello,

I was on Plegridy for over a year (I think!!) and I can recommend it. Once a fortnight was great and the injection nice and easy. I only stopped due to severe side effect.

Good luck with it if this is the drug you choose.

Sam

sweetversion
6 months ago

Thanks for replying Sam. @samamthathompson

If it’s not too intrusive to ask, would Yolo mind telling me what your side effects were that made you stop the treatment? All the literature I’ve read says the effects are similar to rebif which I can tolerate.
Thanks

samanthathompson
6 months ago

Hi,

That is weird you say about Rebif as I am starting out, my second injection was tonight. It was a failure though, the medicine came out, I dont know what went wrong.
With Plegridy, I was okay for a long time but then I started having suicidal thoughts. I noticed my moods were getting pretty bad and I tried to persevere but when I started to have thoughts of not being here, I contacted my Nurse straight away.

Sam

sweetversion
6 months ago

Hi Sam, that’s awful. I’m glad you’re off it now. With the rebif are you using the rebismart? I found this one to be the best device as it’s more controlled and contained.
I’ll have to do some more research on plegridy as on paper it sounds good but I suffer with mood issues and depression so not too sure now.
Leena

marjoryorr
6 months ago

I have been on Plegrity for 3 years and apart from a rash at the injection site I have had no problems and no relapses .
Marjory

sweetversion
6 months ago

@majoryorr
Thank you. I’ve been reading a lot of info on it and am thinking of switching but concerned about the side effects.
Thx for replying.

avox
6 months ago

I’ve been taking Plegridy since December last year so quite new to it.

Aside from the odd flu like symptoms a couple of times and the lymph node in my groin on my right side swelling up when I inject in my right leg, I’ve had no problems.

sweetversion
6 months ago

@avox
Thank you. A couple of encouraging posts. Think I will definitely discuss with my consultant.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.