Last reply 2 months ago
Pip payment

Hi All hope you’re all doing ok 😊

So had the letter reply to my application and recent interview for the PIP payments, what an experience!!

I have been refused on a number of things with one of my favourites being that I was able to have a cohearent conversation. Generally I suffer from quite bad memory loss, but as I was able to remember things in the short 10 minute episode I’m not sure I agree with her comments!
Apparently I displayed no signs of a low mood, even though most of the time I’m screaming on the inside and am a sad moody cow for the rest!!!

I wish these people could come live a day in my shoes. The days when it’s a struggle to get up and do school run or the days when I can’t even do the school run. Having to lay down and watch my poor children act like carers!! The days out we miss because mummy’s so exhausted with fatigue and feels like the hulk is sat in her chest leaving her unable to move! Some people just don’t get it, and letters like that make me feel like they think I’m faking or exaggerating

Guess it will go through an appeal process now 🙁
Does anyone have and first hand knowledge of this?

Thanks for listening and sorry for rambling on again

G xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@gemstemple , check out the Benefit & Work website, https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ , for details of your next options and how to progress them.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

Hi gemstemple

Sorry to read about your unsuccessful PIP application you must feel beyond gutted and frustrated with the outcome.

Get to work on your appeal as soon as you can, do you have the support of your MS Nurse who can vouch for you and add her/his own statement regarding your MS?.

Best of luck.

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

When I had my pip interview I acted wi things as if it was 1 of my bad days n Exaggerated a bit cos I knew wot the interviewer would be like from other msers of wot they said.
Glad I did n got approved the level of it because like u said, they haven’t a clue how we have to get through just 1 day

Good luck wi things n hope u win

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.