Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @myself40 and welcome.

Tremor is a common symptom of MS :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/tremor

I can appreciate how difficult this would be when operating a mobile phone. I would suggest that voice control may be an option to overcome this, all recent mobile phones have this technology.

Obviously, it depends on your location. Voice control isn’t recommended in pubs, crowded trains or cinemas. 😉

myself40
3 months ago

Thanks for the reply i think I’ll need to change my mobile lol is so old nice to be able to talk to fellow people about everyday things we have to cope with

peterfrancis
3 months ago

@myself40

Hi,

Yes, the Hand and Arm Tremors are my most noticeable symptom .

Meeds have calmed it down a little compared to how it was but, it’s still an issue. I rarely bother using my phone as it’s too difficult to do so.

peterfrancis
3 months ago

I meant Meds not Meeds, sorry… D’oh.

myself40
3 months ago

Hi thanks for the reply can you tell me what medication you have been getting to help with your tremors i often look like a recovering alcoholic my tremors are and people who don’t know me are supper judging

jane_watts
3 months ago

@myself40
Hello yes it’s bloody awkward these tremors, especially typing a text takes me ages I make so many errors with the tremors (& my mbl is a touch screen thing)
Both hands are affected & my head bobbles away too.
I can understand being out it feels embarrassing as others rudely stare.
& Can sometimes give the impression they think it’s down to alcohol.
I’ve heard the remarks the insults one woman blatantly accused me of being drunk & high on drugs.
Needless to say I was fuming but remained calm polite & respectful excusing myself explaining I don’t drink alcohol am totally anti drugs but do suffer MS.
That’s how I coped, was never offered any medication for the tremors by my neurologist.

myself40
3 months ago

Hi jane Peter Francis has been using medication to help the tremors i have asked him if he could give me the name of the medicine that he is prescribed i would love to even partially bring my tremors down a bit and yes ignorance is a thing people resort to for their blatant staring down i never really understood until i got tremors this bad how neglectful people are about other people’s feelings

peterfrancis
3 months ago

@myself40

I take Gabapentin 5 pills per day along with 2 Baclofen.

It has helped reduce the Tremors and Spasticity but it still happens just not as often or as wild as before.

jane_watts
3 months ago

@myself40
Thank you so much for replying so quickly & @peterfrancis both of you are so kind
Myself40 I totally agree with your views you’re bang on, it is a show of ignorance. We rise above that being polite & respectful, just sometimes it’s difficult with what’s remarked upon by others.
So much so I very rarely go out during day light hours, night life not my cuppa, incapable physically anyway lol.
Seriously tho thank you both I really & truly appreciate this. Starting to feel like a crock physically 😂
Hope to hear you again.
Jane 💜

myself40
3 months ago

Hi Peter and Jane thanks for the reply and especially for the heads up on the medicine I can now approach my nurse with this information so kind of you to help me out as for the staying in on the daytime i find that sad for you so much i have 4 children and the best i have ever been was going to my children’s school and had a chance to chat with the kids about ms and this helped my children’s friends experiences what life can be like for people with disabilities and their family/carers it’s always better to embrace the people who need to know why we may have changed as this is our new normal so in essence get out and be proud of the new you hope this gives you confidence to be outside in daylight
I

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.