Last reply 2 weeks ago
PANIC

Help please.
I’m going into full blown panic mode.
I’ve just finished my last day of steroids because of a flare up and I’m feeling worse than when I started them.
I’ve been fortunate to not have needed steroids for 6/7 years and I’ve forgotten how long it will take to feel normal again.
Any advice would be gratefully received especially as I have to work tomorrow xxx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
3 weeks ago

@cairebella don’t panic. Sadly each of us is different, for instance I lose my sight unless I get intravenous steroids 12-24 hrs after starting a relapse. I usually start to feel better straight away and 3 days later, when they let me out of hospital I’m ok sorry to tell you this as you’re still feeling so awful. If you stress about it, it will only make things worse as stress is very bad for your ms in any circumstances, you say you have to go to work tomorrow, I feel a week of sick coming on. You will have no trouble getting this from your gp. You are not in the first flush of youth (sorry to call a spade a spade but you gave your age away in your previous post about getting pregnant!) and your body needs time to assimilate what has happened to it, both relapse and steroids. Give it a chance, as you haven’t had a huge experience if

grandma
3 weeks ago

Got cut off, a huge experience of relapses at whatever level, do you have any memories? Just ge easy, give yourself time to heal😍👍

clairabella
3 weeks ago

Thank you so much grandma.
I’m self employed so need to go in tomorrow.
It’s the fear of this git that lives with us and because I’ve done so well for long, it’s all a bit much.
Years ago I had many relapses so I have been here before.
Thank you for your encouraging words xxxx

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@clairabella , there’s a bit here about Steroids :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/steroids-methylprednisolone

As far as I’m aware, the Steroids will primarily address the inflammation that is causing the relapse. This will then allow you to start the recovery. The Steroids will be helping this recovery over the following 6-8 weeks.

So, not a quick fix…..

clairabella
3 weeks ago

And there was me hoping for a miracle!!! Thanks Stumbler x

potter
2 weeks ago

When I finished a round of steroids I felt awful, it was the first time I had ever taken them. I figured out that the steroids had diminished all of my aches and pains. I had been dragging around my numb right side with my left side and stressed it. Now I was paying the price, you are a lot younger you may not have aches and pains yet. Potter

hollylb10
2 weeks ago

Oh I feel for you. I came off steroids (short course of intense steroids – my only experience) and I felt horrendous. I was shaking, my head felt like it was going to explode, I was freezing, I was like a zombie!

I really hope you have a speedy recovery. X

clairabella
2 weeks ago

Thank you lovely people ❤️
I hope we’re all feeling as best we can very soon x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.