nicecupoftea 27/11/17
Last reply 6 months ago
Pain over right eye

I have had pain for more than a week now, it is over my right eye any time I look right and if I put light pressure on that eye. It’s not very painful and paracetamol works for it. Does anyone know if that is something that could be MS or is it stress or anything else? It’s nothing to do with glasses being incorrect prescription or anything like that. I have had it many times in the past as well. Grateful for your thoughts and suggestions!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

niccis
6 months ago

Have you had optic neuritis in the past?

nicecupoftea
6 months ago

Hi @niccis I believe so, I was only diagnosed in March and didn’t have optic neuritis during that relapse but I have had pain and blurred vision in my right eye a few times in the past which I assume was optic neuritis. I experience this pain fairly often and I don’t have any visual disturbances. Do you think it is a pseudo relapse type thing?

nutshell88
6 months ago

I think its 1 of 2 possibilities.
If you get headach same side as this eye whether in forehead or top of your head but same side as the eye thats high eye pressure. Might cause glaucoma if not taking care to it soon.

But if its just on top of eye and lil around it between brow and eye its a nerve pain. Better rest your eye before it developes reduce using screens teading many pages small writing or staring at sun or flash light. Also better not to keep looking at the sides of the eye to test pain it might triggers it. And of course report this to neuro. If soon better.

nicecupoftea
6 months ago

Thanks @nutshell88, the pain is between the brow and eye, in the past when I had this I went for tests (before MS diagnosis) and didn’t have glaucoma or any other problems with my eyes so I suspect it is nerve pain. I’ll give the MS nurses a ring when I have time!

niccis
6 months ago

I had optic neurosis really bad 2 years ago. I went blind in one eye which took a course of steroids and about 8 weeks to fix. Now when I’m overly fatigued or over stressed a throbbing eye is my first symptom. I just take it as my body’s way of telling me to slow down!

niccis
6 months ago

^neuritis

nicecupoftea
6 months ago

@niccis hmm, yes, when I had it, it lasted a couple of weeks and my vision in my right eye was blurry. I suspect this is just another one of those left over symptoms I just have to learn to live with. Thanks 🙂 I will ring the MS nurses just so they have it on record because we are still learning what is “normal” for me!

nutshell88
6 months ago

Yes it is probably nerve pain. Thats the pain i was experiencing in 2005 and led to vision loss in my right eye then diagnose. But of course cortisone brought my eye bk 🙂 but watch after it u dont need that to happen.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.