Last reply 4 years ago
Other MSers at work?

When I was dx’d back in ’84 I soon found out that there were another two MSers at work plus one other who was the wife of a colleague, so that made four of us from a very small sample size of around 50 I guess.

The others had kept quiet about their MS but when I revealed mine either they or someone else told me of the others.

I just wonder, if you are still working, are there any other MSers at your place of work? Just curious re numbers.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

jonnydrama
4 years ago

A bloke who worked at another company had a wife with MS. One of the regulars at the 2 pubs I used work at have it. One of the pubs was in my village and that bought the total of MSers in my village to 4. That I know about!

stumbler
4 years ago

But, they reckon there’s 100,000 MS sufferers in the UK. A figure that hasn’t increased for years.

I’m glad it isn’t a growing problem – or is it?

katfight
4 years ago

@banksider I know of no one at work with ms however where I work have a number of customers who use the service that have it. I have not been open about myself as I struggle with coming to terms with it, so if I don’t speak about it then I can continue to deny it, other than on here obviously.
I also have a friend with ms and a friends sister and my cousins mother in law.. I’d say a total of 5.

@stumbler ok so taking into consideration the population then I do not think the sums add up really, I believe that more people have ms than is said. It would be nice to think it’s not a growing problem but I honestly think it is 🙁

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.