jojo75 12/12/17
Last reply 6 months ago
???Optic neuritis

Hi
Looking for some ideas please. On Sunday my left eye was very irritating and t vision in that eye blurry. Been very painful and watery. Saw my gp hoping it was conjunctivitis. That’s ruled out and referred to eye clinic at hospital. My gp was quite certain that you only get this eye problem before diagnosis. Been diagnosed for just under 6 years. Very confused! Any could any advice ta Jo.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cherish
7 months ago

@jojo75

Good afternoon to you.

I’m no medical expert but my first bout of optic neuritis was what lead to my diagnosis, but I have had it numerous times since diagnosis.
And I’m sure there are plenty of us that have had it more than once.

I hope you haven’t to wait long to see the eye doctor as you would maybe be happier with the steroids to help that along (if it is ON)

Ps… I was always under the impression that GPS can see if the nerve looks inflamed.
I’m possibly wrong, maybe I just have a gp that has super powers!! 😂

Hope you get an answer soon.

Lisa xx

jojo75
7 months ago

Hi thank you @cherish. I did read that you could get it just wanted someone else to confirm it. Who knows when my appt will come through. Thanks for your reply. Made me feel like I’m not mad! Jo

hmcampos
7 months ago

Hi @jojo75.

My ON lead to diagnosis as well and having one does not mean you’re safe for life.

I had the “diagnosis relapse” and less than 2 months after that had another ON. First time no steroids, second time did take solumedrol IV spaced 3 days.

Take care and best of luck.
H

jojo75
7 months ago

Hi @hmcampus
Thanks for your post. I just need to one way or the other. Very frustrating. Not GPS fault but be nice to know.
Jo

sciencegeek
7 months ago

You can go to an optomertrist (opticians) and/or to A&E if you want to be seen sooner. It is worth getting steroids ASAP if it is ON.

Don’t feel like you have to wait agaes for an appointment or that you are being a pain. It’s best to get this diagnosed and hopefully treated as soon as you can.

sciencegeek
7 months ago

I should add that I was diagnosed from an attack of ON. I saw an optician who called it an emergency because another possibility is a detatched retina (very similar symptoms apparently). The optician I saw was very firm about going immediately to A&E about it.

jojo75
7 months ago

Hi hospital just called offering me an appointment in the morning! Yeah hopefully will get some answers.

cherish
7 months ago

All the best for tomorrow @jojo75

The hospital must have known we were all talking about it 😂😂😂😂
Let us know how you get on.

Lisa x

cammo
7 months ago

Personally it doesn’t sound like ON. I was diagnosed after ON and the symptoms were blind spots in my vision… not a painful watery eye. It actually didn’t hurt at all.
It sounds like an infection which they will probably treat with an antibiotic and steroid eye drop mix. I also suffer from blepharitis so know the pain of an eye infection. My eye(s) also go bright red/painful/watery. But strangely since starting immunosuppressants the recurrence of infections has stopped. Must have been yet another immune disorder.

gjj519
7 months ago

Tje reason i went to the doctor in yhe first place was because over a span of 6 weeks i completely lost vision in my left eye…..afyer a battery of tests, i was diagnosed with MS. Brand new ro this site (TODAY) Not sure whats even going on reallu, i havent been given a TYPE of MS yet, and when it asked me for my treatment, i didnt see it. So far ive been on Prednisone, and IV treatments….not sure what drug.

jojo75
6 months ago

Hi so way back before Christmas I asked you guys about my irritated eye! So wasn’t ON but a scratched eyeball! Better now. Thanks for all the replies and support jo. Xx

nutshell88
6 months ago

Its probably nerve problem or
High eye pressure which i had
Dry eye
Check at the opticians first
But before that its very important to phone your NS nurse and explain to him all your symptoms.

Be safe
R

mamalou70
6 months ago

Optic neuritis was when I was diagnosed .
I had pain on moving my eye and fading of colour also .

You can have a reoccurrence if it as obviously the nerve has been damaged so often can get blurred vision at times .

Good luck tomorrow and hope it goes well x

cherish
6 months ago

@jojo75

That’s good news.
I guess it’s not nice having a scratched eye, but it’s good is has nothing to do with your ms. 😀

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.