Last reply 3 months ago
OCB negative?

Hope everyone’s doing well šŸ™‚

Was wondering how many here have had lumbar punctures and have been cleared of the oligoclonal bands?

If so, how has your journey through MS been in terms of treatments and progression?

Read an article about OCB negative MSers potentially having better outcomes and wanted to see how it stacks up here.

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2014/07/is-ocb-negative-ms-different-disease.html?m=1

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ā€˜xā€™.

rachelb-mayo
6 months ago

hiya. I have had a lumbar puncture done with no show of o bands. In the initial stages after diagnosis before beginning treatment, my MS was extremely active, particularly within the first 6 months. After starting Gilenya, however, I’ve only had 1 significant flare-up since.

zoricab
3 months ago

I was wondering the same, and also read the same article, but still no answer from doctors?

glawsdan
3 months ago

Hi @curious-one

Iā€™m O-band -ve. I was told when diagnosed this is the case for 1 in 20 MSers. I was also told at the time that this would indicate a more +ve prognosis.

As for what has actually happenned, diagnosed two years ago, went for the strongest DMT on offer (Tecfidera) and have not had any deterioration since.

Dan

zoricab
3 months ago

Thank you Dan, we hope it will stay ok.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.