Last reply 1 year ago
Numbness

Is it normal for the right side of my body to feel numb? My ms seems to be affecting the right side of my body as I’m still suffering for the last 2 relapses which both have been on my right side. First was the eye now drop foot but I’ve noticed over the past couple of days that the right side is numb I can’t even feel water from the shower where as my left side I can. It’s a horrible feeling as I can’t tell how hot the water is.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hang in there @simon2016 I’m confident I can say most of us have had this feeling. Contact your ms team monitor your lifestyle – food (& drink), stress, excersice etc and most important stay positive. Do you mean Llandrindod Wells on your profile? I went to school there? 😉

simon2016
1 year ago

I’ve only lived here for 4 years. And yes I think I can say it’s the stress causing this all to do with my partner. I hard getting hold of the ms nurse I’ve got an appointment on the 1sr match as it’s only time she’s got free. Have to travel to hereford for it to.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Such a beautiful part of the world which I didn’t appreciate at 14! Your appt is less than 2 weeks away. Is your dr any help in the meantime even just to talk to someone? Do you have friends/family to take your mind of things? Or gather your thoughts and wallow in your wonderful surroundings ⛰. Any snow?

simon2016
1 year ago

My gp is limited as to what he can do really he’s a fantastic doctor can’t fault him. My dad live over an hour and half away I’m not aloud to drive yet but I do have my in law but she’s having a hard time dealing with the diagnosis I do spend a lot of time Their my bro in law is great but he’s another one e who doesn’t and can’t get his head around the diagnosis. The only lyrics contact I have is thro these groups. I do think no anybody in dod at all which are it far far worse.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@simon2016 keep your chin up matey Iv had exactly the same, eye first then foot drop and right side numb. get hold of local occupational health they will sort you out some temp gauges and that for bath there awsome should be on local councils website. Google the bad boy and add your area.

Anonymous
1 year ago

So there are things you can do yourself like getting plenty of anti inflammatory foods into your body and avoiding food that isn’t going to help. Here’s a link
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/anti-inflammatory-diet-road-to-good-health
to a page listing all the food, herbs and spices to eat and what to avoid. It’s not rocket science. To start off make this tea yummy tea (I had one this morning – 1tsp honey, I tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 squeezed fresh lemon juice. Sit back relax and enjoy. Stay positive 😀

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.