Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

strictlysoca
2 months ago

Perhaps he might google Raynaud’s syndrome! It runs in my family but also can be triggered in MS. Hope this is helpful

jane_watts
2 months ago

@cyndi-beckley

My fingers & hands are numb quite a number of years now…… it’s MS.
I’m not a great believer in Google.
Try MS trust I’m sure you’ll find answers there.

grandma
2 months ago

Agree with strictlysocial, Raynauds is more of a possibility, ms being a ‘messages not getting through’ scenario, the white hands seem more of a Raynauds scenario👹😜

cindy_owen
2 months ago

My left two fingers go numb, cold then turns purple even when I’m wearing gloves I’m lost. this has started since sept last year.
When I see the doc, they are baffled as my fingers are not showing it. I’m sure they don’t believe me. I’m going to have to take a pic of them when it happens. Any ideas what this could be? Many thanks cindy

edmontonalberta
2 months ago

@cyndi_beckley

@grandma stated Raynauds; ask your physician to ensure it is not Scleroderma. Hands turning white was my 1st wife’s initial symptom. Every Doctor missed it until one made a 20 second accurate diagnosis without any tests…

milliepipkins
2 months ago

I have quite severe Raynauds and my hands go from white to blue to purple back to ghostly white! Not MS related for me, got it at least 6 years ago but only diagnosed last year. Lots of gloves, hot water bottles, certain weather can make it worse. Hope this helps.

strictlysoca
2 months ago

@jane_watts just having a sarcastic moment at the idea of a physician being stumped by a fairly run of the mill condition 🤔🤪🤓 agree that MS trust is a reputable source

jane_watts
2 months ago

@strictlysoca
I can’t understand docs that don’t pick up on this either. MS can be a trigger to Raynauds.
I’m with you 100% on your ‘sarcastic moment’, 👏

cyndi_beckley
1 month ago

The first thing they thought was Reynaulds, but it isn’t. According to Dr, if hand gets warm, color should return, but it doesn’t. It tends to go numb with use or after gripping shower head.

strictlysoca
1 month ago

Interesting. Have they considered that it could be the vibration type as well – “vibration white finger” -which is associated with use? Especially as you get it after gripping a shower which is vibrating.

Anyway Cyndi I’m not a doctor and I’m sure they’ve considered it. Apologies for earlier sarcasm. I hope you can resolve it and it’s not having too great an impact.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.